Your pet peeves at work?

Associate
We have a few large distribution email lists, and occasionally they get used by mistake.
What really gets me is people replying to all saying "Please remove me from this email chain" or "Why have I been sent this, I work in finance"

My god poeople - look at the "To" and "Cc" fields. If your name is not there, then guess what - the email got sent to a group that you are in by mistake. It doesn't take rocket science to work out, you don't even have to be technical.
100% this. One was doing the rounds in my workplace recently. Over 1000 people cc'd and idiots just kept spaming. :mad::mad:

Soldato
"Doing your job as a manager" doesn't always have to involve pulling an individual to one side for a bollocking. It involves using different methods at different times for different situations. The one you described can be every bit as effective, if not more, than showing to an individual on a one to one basis.

I'd argue, from past experience in management, that all it does is annoy everyone who is doing it already whilst the person not doing it remains either totally oblivious or totally belligerent and seldom resolves anything.

Permabanned
Work colleagues who can quite well afford to buy their own domestic supplies who think they are entitled to thieve bog roll, hand cleanser and
reams of A4 paper when the monthly stores are delivered .
You know who you are.

Soldato
Work colleagues who can quite well afford to buy their own domestic supplies who think they are entitled to thieve bog roll, hand cleanser and
reams of A4 paper when the monthly stores are delivered .
You know who you are.
At a previous employer people used to nick laser toner cartridges and almost all other consumables, such as catering sized instant coffee, tea, paper, stamps everything - some desks and a filing cabinets disappeared over a weekend once, we could never figure out who it was - was only a small site and the company eventually closed it :(

Soldato
People that stink out the loos , don’t put the extractor fan on then leave all the doors open between the loos and the canteen (they have closers but people wedge them open due to the heat)

I don’t really want a taste your **** when it’s breaktime

Caporegime
People who can't help but firehose the toilet seat, rim, wall, floor etc. and then don't try to clean up.

Right, on that note, story time.

I was a maintenance plumber at a very well known investment firm, and we had one toilet which would block and when we went to unblock it, the walls, seat, everything would be covered in dung. It got to the point where we'd actually started to monitor the toilet to see who the culprit was. Turned out it was a lady of the Muslim religion which explained it all, as her religion dictates that she would have to face a certain direction when curling one out and toilet paper is obviously a nono. We hung up notices to attempt to curb her rather enthusiastic doodoo manufacturing process, all to no avail, it just carried on and on.

Behind the toilets was a void for maintenance purposes, which contained the cisterns, chemical dosing systems, etc. Eventually a colleague and myself went all childish and he hid in the void. We had our radios on us so we could talk to each other and I waited in the lobby pretending to fix a not-broken light fitting. Eventually the dump truck came in so I waited until she got all comfy and when I was sure that maximum comfort was achieved, I signalled my colleague who flushed the toilet from behind.

She came out screaming with her legs covered in pee, pee all over the floor, holding her dress up, in to the middle of the office where the dealers sat.

It was an amusing day, that toilet was never filthy again.

Soldato
People who can't help but firehose the toilet seat, rim, wall, floor etc. and then don't try to clean up.

Its worse in women's toilets apparently. I have worked in places where an email has gone out because someone doesn't know how to clean up after themselves during that time of the month.

Soldato
Its worse in women's toilets apparently. I have worked in places where an email has gone out because someone doesn't know how to clean up after themselves during that time of the month.
Thats pretty rank. Saying that, we have to have signs in the toilets to remind people to wash their hands:(.

Man of Honour
I've actually thought of something that peeves me -
I eat, sleep and breathe football all year round and share an office with around 100 women who have zero interest in football but all of a sudden they have all become pundits because they had a £1 in a sweep.

Associate
I've actually thought of something that peeves me -
I eat, sleep and breathe football all year round and share an office with around 100 women who have zero interest in football but all of a sudden they have all become pundits because they had a £1 in a sweep.
I think this how ITV got their football pundits for the world cup.

Man of Honour

The last time that happened where I work I kicked up such a fuss no one has done it so far for the 6 months since though no doubt it will go back to how it was eventually :( I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

Caporegime
Offices are weird places. I’m sure nobody takes a slash all over the floor at their homes, or just leaves mugs lying around for someone else to put in the dishwasher.

Soldato
People who turn up for work one minute early then get cereal out of their desk drawer, scrounge milk from someone then eat a leisurely breakfast at their desk!

Guess what those people, I have breakfast at home because I'm normal and like to be productive at work.

Soldato
Offices are weird places. I’m sure nobody takes a slash all over the floor at their homes, or just leaves mugs lying around for someone else to put in the dishwasher.

You be surprised. I have visited some peoples houses and they are just DIRTY!!!! Especially when they have pets in the house.

Associate
I feel lucky that I’m able to say “other people not being very good at their jobs”, rather than faecal related problems of others. Some of the experiences here are grim!

Having said that, unfunny Star Wars meme-type pictures around the office seem to be a thing in engineering. Firstly, Star Wars is *****. Secondly, it’s juvenile and your crappy picture makes us all look unprofessional to visiting clients.

Segueing back to toilet related issues we have some painfully unfunny things stuck on the inside of our bog doors about cats taking a dump standing up and batman using a bog brush. Maybe it works though as the bogs are pretty clean.

Back
Top Bottom