Your Premier League 11

Permabanned
Yeah, I don't really see what is wrong with picking Clichy. He's one of the best LBs in the league and really, from that position, I think it's a choice between him, Evra or Ashley Cole.

Soldato
Cech

Sagna
Ferdinand
Carvalho
Clichy

Walcott
Fabregas
Essien
Ronaldo

Rooney
Torres

Would be my choice, would not be as good in reality as it is on paper me thinks.

Soldato
No Keeper, Can't think of one good enough. Cech has been poor since he's worn that silly hat. Throw a cross at Reina and he flaps more than a cat flap.

Sagna
Carvalho
Ferdinand
Clichy

Young
Fabergas
Gerrard
Essien (Not his best position, but he has to be in the side)

Ronaldo
Torres

Soldato
I might try and come up with a team using no-one from the "big 4". Reckon it's more interesting than a largely pre-picked Torres/Ronaldo/Ferdinand superstar show.

Man of Honour
Can't get my head round a full team at the moment but Bosingwa would definitely be at RB.
When we first got him I thought we'd bought another crapper but the guy's awesome and probably the best RB to play in England since Neville was good:)

Don
OP
Throw a cross at Reina and he flaps more than a cat flap.

Certainly used to be the case in his first few seasons where he looked to punch all the time but over the last 18 months he's improved no end.

And why not play a 4-3-3 with Ronaldo and Young either side of Torres then you can play Essien cm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Based solely on current 08/09 season form:

---------------------------------------------Reina

--------------------------Boswinga M.Laursen Turner (Hull city) Evra

--------------------------------- Wright-Philips Barry Petrov (Villa)

---------------------------------------Zaki Geovanni Robinho

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's mine:

----------------Reina
Sagna---Ferdinand-Carvalho---Cole
-------------Mascherano
--------Gerrard------Fabregas
--Ronaldo------------------Young
---------------Torres

:rolleyes: at all the Liverpool players

Mine....

GK: Cech - Chelsea

RB: Bosingwa - Chelsea
CB: Ferdinand - Man Utd
CB: Carvalho - Chelsea
LB: Evra - Man Utd

RM: Ronaldo - Man Utd
CM: Gerrard - Liverpool
CM: Essien - Chelsea
CM :Fabregas - Arsenal
LM: Ashley Young - Aston Villa

CF: Torres - Liverpool

Subs: Friedel, Vidic, Terry, Lampard, J.Cole, Rooney, Drogba

Soldato
:rolleyes: at all the Liverpool players

Mine....

GK: Cech - Chelsea

RB: Bosingwa - Chelsea
CB: Ferdinand - Man Utd
CB: Carvalho - Chelsea
LB: Evra - Man Utd

RM: Ronaldo - Man Utd
CM: Gerrard - Liverpool
CM: Essien - Chelsea
CM :Fabregas - Arsenal
LM: Ashley Young - Aston Villa

CF: Torres - Liverpool

Subs: Friedel, Vidic, Terry, Lampard, J.Cole, Rooney, Drogba

TBF u do have 8 or so chelsea players..... so pot kettle.... :)

Soldato
Based solely on current 08/09 season form:

---------------------------------------------Reina

--------------------------Boswinga M.Laursen Turner (Hull city) Evra

--------------------------------- Wright-Philips Barry Petrov (Villa)

---------------------------------------Zaki Geovanni Robinho

No comments on mine :p I went for current form. Common slate me for not having Torres or Ferdinand! :)

Caporegime
Just to post again, my team is here, but after reading what others have put (I put my team before reading - as you should), I'm amazed 2 people didn't put Rio Ferdinand in, Sho is one, not sure the other - he put it on current form, but even on current form from the start of the season Rio has been faultless - the only player at Man Utd you could say that about.

Why are people complaining about the addition of Clichy in some peoples teams? Do the people complaining not follow the Premiership very closely? I went for Evra because he's been incredibly and suits the flow of our side, but if I didn't then it would have to be Clichy. For me Evra and Clichy were the two best LB's in Europe by a street last season.

Secondly, why are people complaining over Reina? I'm a die hard Man Utd fan and think Reina is the best keeper in the EPL by quite a margin. Cech seems bulletproof to some people though and dropped some real clangers last season.

It's also nice to see other people putting Carrick in, it still staggers me that some don't rate him, but he's the lynchpin of our side and incredibly important.

And lastly, my side has Gerrard over Lampard, but it was tight. Fabregas and Carrick were always definites which left one or the other, I just think with Young and Ronaldo that Gerrard would be more beneficial.

Don
OP
It's also nice to see other people putting Carrick in, it still staggers me that some don't rate him, but he's the lynchpin of our side and incredibly important.

Even if its only other Mancs ;)

edit: i swear you had both Lampard and Gerrard in your side before the edit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to post again, my team is here, but after reading what others have put (I put my team before reading - as you should), I'm amazed 2 people didn't put Rio Ferdinand in, Sho is one, not sure the other - he put it on current form, but even on current form from the start of the season Rio has been faultless - the only player at Man Utd you could say that about.

Why are people complaining about the addition of Clichy in some peoples teams? Do the people complaining not follow the Premiership very closely? I went for Evra because he's been incredibly and suits the flow of our side, but if I didn't then it would have to be Clichy. For me Evra and Clichy were the two best LB's in Europe by a street last season.

Secondly, why are people complaining over Reina? I'm a die hard Man Utd fan and think Reina is the best keeper in the EPL by quite a margin. Cech seems bulletproof to some people though and dropped some real clangers last season.

And lastly, my side has Gerrard over Lampard, but it was tight. Fabregas and Carrick were always definites which left one or the other, I just think with Young and Ronaldo that Gerrard would be more beneficial.

I didn't put Ferdinand in as I feel he has done as well as Laursen, but both Laursen and Ferdinand haven't been as immense as Turner has played for Hull.

Don't get me wrong Ferdinand is by far superior to Turner I just feel his performances have been so good, especially v Arsenal and Spurs he cannot be ignored.

Soldato
Answer the question.

Why are you being so rude and why does it matter if I think Clichy a great LB? It doesn't really matter who I support, I've seen both Evra and Clichy play a lot and while they are extremely close, I personally prefer Clichy. As Nokkon said, nobody comes close to those two.

Back
Top Bottom