Your site is currently breaking the law "Scam"

Soldato
The other day i got an email saying

Warning - Your site is currently breaking the law

My name is Christine and I am contacting websites that are not compliant with the new EU cookie law. If you're not familiar with the law, please read more about it here: hxxp://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx

Your website Eyerex.co.uk,

is currently illegal in the EU as it's not asking users to accept cookies (you can read more about cookies here: hxxp://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies and you are still tracking them through your analytics data. Even if you're not using this data it's still best to be safe and not have your site shutdown by the authorities.

I am willing to make your website compliant with the new laws for a nominal fee of £25. This work will take a few hours and will mean visitors can opt in/out of cookies.

I accept Paypal and my address for payment is
Code:
[link][email protected][/link]
If you don't have a Paypal account it's quick and easy to do.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
Christine Thoma

Cookie Compliance Consultant
hxxp://uk.linkedin.com/pub/christine-thoma/55/170/827

At first did find it odd that someone was trying to charge for something which you can do for free plus only takes second to do plus a Government Department wanted money sent to a PayPal account. Also the email address is somewhere in Asia and was sent at 3am LOL

Was a nice touch that they went to the trouble of doing a Linkedin account but did find it funny that there job title was Cookie Compliance Consultant

Did a little more digging and found links to a Black Hat Marketing website, so from me to you :D

lol.
Another funny thing is if you visit this page:
http://www.clearpointfunding.com/ae.aspx

Keep scrolling, keep scrolling, stop! Yep, 'Christine Thoma' is also called Keli Thoma. So unless she was very disoriented when creating the Linkedin profile, I'd say someone had just stolen the picture from that website (in case nobody had considered that up until this point :D).

Back
Top Bottom