Youtube & Ads

Soldato
Anyone noticed a significant increase in advertisements "within" YouTube videos lately?

Im all for you tube content creators making money from their vids,However it seems lately whoever i watch im seeing at least 2 to 3 advertisements interrupting,And its always Ad 1 of 2 and they aint short either,yes you can skip but if you do skip you'll then be greeted with the same in the next video,im talking about on a TV here,Not on the computer.

I did look into the YouTube premium,as i hear this does completely do away with ads,But at £11.99 month?

So yeah,just wondering if anyone else has noticed this significant increase in ads and whats your view on it,Too many ads? feel YT premium is too costly?

Soldato
OP
Yes its very annoying now. Plus you cant leave music playing without it asking you if youre still listening to it.
So this was actually put on by youtube then,i was wondering why it kept asking me this yesterday if i was still there when listening to music on my phone,i thought it was a new annoying android feature on my phone because it installed a few android updates before i started listening.

Soldato
OP

As far as im aware,you cannot install this kind of stuff on the Samsung TVs,They even removed Twitch which is so annoying!

A member of a PC enthusiast forum still not using an ad blocker in 2020? :p

On your PC, use uBlock Origin. On your phone (if Android), install YouTube Vanced. Sorted. You will never see an ad again. Don't give Google 12 quid a month for something that is free.

Im mainly talking about Youtube when it comes to on a Smart TV,i know theres a ton of add blockers available for PC and android.

Soldato
OP
Why did they remove so many things from the Smart Hubs? Youtube has been gone on mine for ages. It's looking quite empty. Plenty of other apps but I stopped using the thing a long time ago because so many apps were getting pulled.

At least the Amazon Video is still on it.

Not a clue, I assume something to do with licensing, is annoying though when you purchase a TV then a few months down the line they start pulling apps, and don't allow you to manually add stuff back to your own TV of course you can add an android box/firestick and put these back in but again, going backwards.

There was a lot of unhappy people on the Samsung forums when twitch got pulled.

Back
Top Bottom