Youtube & Ads

Soldato
Paying in rupees brings it down to £2 a month for a family subscription, and it does indeed give you access to Google Play Music & Youtube Music, so can sack off Spotify.

It's also quite easy to migrate Spotify playlists over to YouTube Music for free using https://www.tunemymusic.com

Someone pointed out seeing indian music in the hot lists and so on. I can see that being annoying for people that use that functionality, but for those who don't listen to top 40 or pop compositions, it's not functionality you'd pay attention to. Most of the homepage stuff becomes tailored to you quite quickly when you start saving albums to your library and liking songs.

V F

V F

Soldato
Probably already suggested and maybe some people don't want to pay but YouTube Premium is £1.44 a month and has no adverts if you join via India

I remember a time you had to buy Amazon/twitch prime to get rid of ads on twitch, then years later they done away with that. You still pay but with ads now. No doubt at some point Youtube will go the same route.

Soldato
Just had an email from YouTube saying my membership has ended and I need to update my account.

Logged into YouTube to see it’s now £15.99 instead of the £12.99 last month.

I’ve got to go through the whole Indian VPN process again now but what is new that deserves a £4 increase for those who don’t know about the VPN trick???

9rn05KMh.png.jpg

Soldato
Just had an email from YouTube saying my membership has ended and I need to update my account.

Logged into YouTube to see it’s now £15.99 instead of the £12.99 last month.

I’ve got to go through the whole Indian VPN process again now but what is new that deserves a £4 increase for those who don’t know about the VPN trick???

9rn05KMh.png.jpg

If you are logging in through an iDevice then you see a price increase due to Apple tax.

Soldato
Exactly, why are people paying when there is a legal way to block ads for free.

Doesn't work properly on smart TV, easier to pay £1.40/month - £16.80/year for no hassle, no ads with no third party software across every device.

Also youtube music removes need for spotify so there is a saving there potentially. Although i'd find it hard to give up Spotify.

Back
Top Bottom