YouTube & BBC iPlayer not working.

Permabanned
Both YouTube and iPlayer stuck at 0:00, not streaming at all. iPlayer eventually complains at not enough bandwidth to play.

However I'm on 10Meg virgin and it is fine on a desktop PC, it's just the iPad that has issues. Speedtest confirms 9.8Meg on iPad.
I've also tried a different broadband connection, same problem.

I'm guessing it is my iPad with the issue and I've tried clearing Safari's cache, but that doesn't fix it.

Ideas?

Permabanned
OP
Tried YouTube app, the BBC iPlayer app and Safari to view YouTube, same result.

IOS 5.1.1 gen1 iPad

Edit
Same with http://vimeo.com/

Also, it won't play videos already downloaded by BBC iPlayer,
And this is the third broadband connection I've tried today.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
FIXED

Turn iPad fully off, then on again :rolleyes:

I'm so used to flawless instant on that I forget these things need a reboot occasionally...

FIXED

Turn iPad fully off, then on again :rolleyes:

I'm so used to flawless instant on that I forget these things need a reboot occasionally...

:D

Make sure your closing all the open apps aswell (at the end of each day or so)

Double click Home Button.

Hold finger on one of the open apps at the bottom.

Then close them all via the red cross on each.

Everytime you open an App and "close" it, its actually still open and running in memory until you do this process to close them.

Associate

Everytime you open an App and "close" it, its actually still open and running in memory until you do this process to close them.

They remain open until another app requires additional ram. There are a series of API's such as background audio that background apps can use, but stating they are 'open and running' is disengious.

In actuality, they are frozen in the current state and reanimate when brought back to the foreground.

Consequently, there is no need to close them all at the end of each day.

Associate

They remain in memory until another app requires additional ram. There are a series of API's such as background audio that background apps can use, but stating they are 'open and running' is disengious.

More realistically, they are frozen in the current state and reanimate when brought to the foreground. As a consequence, there is no need to close them all at the end of each day.

Back
Top Bottom