YouTube Premium

Mine was hit last night too. Got a few weeks to try elsewhere

Your YouTube Premium membership was canceled because we believe the signup country of Ukraine was inaccurate.​
If you want to maintain access, please sign up for YouTube Premium again within the next few weeks, otherwise your YouTube Premium benefits will end on Aug 25, 2024 and your plan will not renew automatically.​

Looks like a big batch last night/this morning!

I got billed via Argentina on 28th July and thought I was in the clear but they sent me the dreaded email last night, so I got till 28th August to find a cheap solution !

A few weeks to decide if I'll try to find a new country to reside in, or pay the full Spanish price (in which case I'll cancel Netflix to compensate!)

rp2000

Had the email as well this morning, mine was Vietnam.

Has anyone who has already had theirs cancelled manged to renew in another country?
I did, had my Turkey plan cancelled which would have been 2yrs in Oct at 5:09am this morning, 40mins later I renewed in Chile :D

Last edited:
Which VPN provider did you use for the Chile sign-up?

rp2000
I used the Urban VPN Proxy Chrome extension only. Tried a few others but they didn't work very well or locked countries behind a premium pay wall.

What are the prices in Chile for Individual and family?

Individual monthly plan will cost me £4.57 instead of the £1.30 I was paying in Turkey but still a lot cheaper than the UK prices. Not sure what the other plans cost.

Last edited:
Be interested to see how long they take to find someone that goes from one vpn sign up directly to another....

I hope the family plan doesn't have the bs netflix had about logging in on the same IP once in a while to confirm you were actually living together....

Last edited:
I'm guessing the only way around this now is to use a VPN to split tunnel Youtube addresses to your signed up country whilst leaving your other traffic to not use VPN... Is this even possible? (I know you can Split tunnel applications but not sure about specific websites)

i got the email this morning. It was nice while it lasted. not sure i can be arsed to faff about with it again. So now they get nothing, i'm not paying £12 a month for youtube. I'm not really a fan of the "pay forever" subscription model, but i certainly dont watch enough on Youtube to justify that.

They got me this morning as well, there loss, as much as I use youtube I'm not paying a premium to watch user generated content. I'll stick to Firefox on my mobile with an ad block once it runs out.
If they had a cheaper tier without the music I'd be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom