YouTube Premium

Associate
It's better to setup your family before you sign up for the plan. As mentioned by Diddums, if they use a vpn and login to youtube using the same country, they should be able to join.

Associate
i tried that but still didnt work. wondering if its because i first logged into accept without the vpn.

if not might create a full new account and try adding the family first. read between here and hotukdeals both methods should be fine so weird I'm having the issue with the vpn

Soldato
i tried that but still didnt work. wondering if its because i first logged into accept without the vpn.

if not might create a full new account and try adding the family first. read between here and hotukdeals both methods should be fine so weird I'm having the issue with the vpn
Could also be a VPN issue - despite you connecting to a specific country on the VPN service, many sites know the IP's and will default you back to a UK page.

I tried multiple paid VPN's for Turkey and it was eventually Windscribe for free that worked.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Could also be a VPN issue - despite you connecting to a specific country on the VPN service, many sites know the IP's and will default you back to a UK page.

I tried multiple paid VPN's for Turkey and it was eventually Windscribe for free that worked.
This. I had exactly the same issue @flexo786 with Nord. I kept reconnecting to a few different servers and eventually one worked. The others must have been blacklisted at some point but one of the (few available) servers got me sorted.

Associate
its urban that ive been using. it made the account fine so dont see why accepting would cause an issue but ill have to mess around and see what works

Associate
Thanks guys, I consume a ton of Youtube content and the 3-month trial was coming to an end today. I settled with the Urban VPN Proxy above in the end, bounced via India and got an Annual sub for £13 or whatever it was.

Used my Starling card for payment, chose a random region in India from the dropdown, located a random Indian Post Code for that area and job done :). It really is a shame that you can't get an annual Family Premium plan :D

Associate
One day i'll manage this, feels like every time i try i seem to fail and give up in frustration :(

Check that your vpn actually works and reports you are in the right country using whats my ip etc. Once it does, open a private browsing window, login to your google account, add an address and your card for the right country, go to youtube, click premium and make sure it's reporting the right currency before your click buy.

Soldato
Is the subscription account specific? So if I subscribe whilst I'm in Turkey or Ukraine for a good price - then I come home, cast something via Chromecast on to my telly, am I going to get ads?

They're starting to really grate now!

Back
Top Bottom