YouTube Premium

Associate
Just tried to renew my annual sub from Turkey £14 got all the way to verify in the bank app only to be declined :(
Looks like i will have to upsticks to another country :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Recently stumped up to paying full price as my VPN method stopped working. Unfortunately we watch a lot on the TV, so not an easy way to avoid them....

Soldato
How is it a pain. It's literally set and forget. It's why my India one is still working and those that bought an annual one isn't.

As it's a Ukraine setup, my Natwest fraud team keep stopping my card until I call them and acknowledge it's legit. Even when i tell them to stop blocking my card for this payment, they still do :/ 3 months running so far

Soldato
Annd it is back to silly pauses/randomly flaking out (not a bandwidth/connection issue)...

The "fix" is to drop quality to 720p etc for a few seconds then go back to 1080p/4k etc which seems to restart the stream properly. Not much of a faff overall but still a huge annoyance!

Caporegime
For anyone interested, Vodafone is giving two months free Premium to all customers, just check out your Veryme rewards.

YOU MUST CANCEL IT THOUGH OR IT WILL AUTORENEW AT £12.99/m.

Caporegime
I cant seem to see it :confused:

I do only have Vodafone for Broadband/Home Phone though.

Probably a mobile only thing, I tried to get a code and it just tells me it's adding it to my Vodafone bill.

Screenshot-20240328-141107-My-Vodafone.jpg

Soldato
Probably a mobile only thing, I tried to get a code and it just tells me it's adding it to my Vodafone bill.

Screenshot-20240328-141107-My-Vodafone.jpg

Probably wont work for me anyways as its for "new YT Premium customers only"... I had a trial about 6 months ago. I tried to redo the 3 months trial I got with the purchase of my pixel 8 and it wont let me (which i think is poor as well - if you bundle it with the phone, it should be for ALL customers)

Caporegime
Vanced died today. Kept telling me I could only watch on the official youtube app.

One problem I've always had with Vanced was the inability to sign in, so I never got my tailored suggestions.

So I deleted it, downloaded Revanced manager, patched an official Youtube app and now I have all my tailored stuff without ads.

Thanks Youtube :D

Back
Top Bottom