Man of Honour
an improvement i'd say. i like this style of videos for how simplified they are, but the bill wurtz's ones are too quick and i almost learned nothing.

I watched the Japan one and found it entertaining, so I went to his channel to see if he'd done any more. 40,000 years of history of an entire country in 9 minutes is rather overdoing the simplification, but I did learn a little and I was entertained. He's only done 1 other oversimplified history video and that's even more extremely oversimplified - 13.7 billion years of the history of the universe in 19 minutes. But it is entertaining and has some lovely little details. I particularly liked his reference to the trade in tin into the eastern meditterranean during the bronze age. With 3 seconds of narration (~5:16 to ~5:19) and a very simple scribbled overlay on a map he explains the likelihood that the tin came from Britain, gives a translation of the oldest known reference to the source of tin and explains that the source was deliberately kept secret by the tin traders. The videos are hugely oversimplified, but they're very well done. I'd watch more if there were more.

I agree that the other ones are an improvement, though, because they're not as extremely simplified.

Associate
Bit of an old video but still a goodie, a German guy with tourette syndrome helped by cannabis.

Really touched me - skip to 2 minutes to see the miraculous transformation. The poor guy :(

Back
Top Bottom