Z490 - 350W Capable!

Soldato
According to Dr Ian Cutress motherboard vendors tell him they are making boards capable of handling CPU power draw up to 350W. (See the interview on Level1 Techs YouTube channel)

This Z490 launch could be very interesting. Lots to test and I think some competition for AMD, albeit with some heat to remove!

Soldato
According to Dr Ian Cutress motherboard vendors tell him they are making boards capable of handling CPU power draw up to 350W. (See the interview on Level1 Techs YouTube channel)

This Z490 launch could be very interesting. Lots to test and I think some competition for AMD, albeit with some heat to remove!

Aye, phases were always in mind to be high .
Just a shame costs have gone up a little . 6 core shoot off would be interesting to see

Soldato
OP
Aye, phases were always in mind to be high .
Just a shame costs have gone up a little . 6 core shoot off would be interesting to see

Yes, I think Intel will take it albeit with higher power draw and more heat. Motherboard prices could be/are high? Have they released pricing on the boards yet?

Soldato
I was operating at 4.7 7920X, probably getting there.

4.7ghz 12 core oh my :) . When i had my 7900x i could manage a 4.7ghz too but i noticed my eps 8 pin cables for cpu power were warm to the touch, it worked but had me wondering just how much power was being drawn XD, glad i moved to a 3900x same performance but at a fraction of the power

Back
Top Bottom