Z690 Aorus Ultra - m.2 heatsink

Associate
Hi,

I've been Googling for hours and I've yet to find an answer to my problem. I've just bought this motherboard and when I tried to fit my 3080 graphics card in, the main m.2 heatsink is so large that it gives no room for my card. There is a 2mm gap between the m.2 slot and the graphics card slot, and the m.2 heatsink is about 10cms high. How is one meant to fit any card in that space? This is the heatsink that came with motherboard, it isn't one that I have bought myself.

I'm baffled that no one else has this problem! Why would they make the primary m.2 heatsink so large that you can't fit a card next to it?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CMr3O8O
wIb0reo.jpg
NEdbMrZ.jpg
CMr3O8O.jpg
NEdbMrZ

wIb0reo

Does your GPU have a really thick backplate? While that heatsink is obnoxiously tall I would've thought it's far away enough not to interfere - or are you mounting vertically with a riser?

What model is the graphics card ? The height doesn't matter still looks like have enough , graphics cards backplate have pretty much set standard so they don't go much above the slot

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I've got this card: https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3763&lang=en

I've removed both heatsinks for now, and I'm trying to install Windows on either m.2 drive (I've installed 2, one in the primary slot, and the other in the second slot). Windows doesn't recognize any drive and so can't install Windows, but my BIOS can see one drive, the one in slot 2!

I'm having a nightmare!

May need to do a bios update, I think some of the gigabyte boards have had issues with nvmes on the bios versions they shipped with

Thanks fellas. Yes, you were right, I've updated the BIOS and now it can see both drives. Still need to sort out the heatsink problem. I think I'll buy a custom heatsink cover that is slimmer than the stock ones that come with the board.

Many thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom