Associate
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

So like a lot of other PC enthusiasts I am currently struggling with the whole DDR5 availability issue.
I currently have (sitting in my closet) an i9 12900k // Asus Z690 Hero Motherboard (along with most of the other components)

I am coming from a DDR3 system, so unfortunately I do not have any DDR4 RAM laying around that I could move over to the new build. I have watched the performance videos and read a lot of the articles and I did see that most DDR4 RAM can hang with the current DDR5 stuff they have out. (in most applications)

I would have no issue going with a Z690 D4 board (especially if I had DDR4 laying around) however all of the Z690 D4 Boards I have been seeing leave a lot to be desired IMO. If they made, for instance, a Z690 Hero D4 board this would be a much easier decision for me. I just can't see myself buying a motherboard I don't really want just. (Maybe there is a kick ass Z690 D4 Motherboard I missed, I am definitely open to suggestions)

I did get lucky and was able to place an order on Newegg for a Motherboard and DDR5 combo kit (The motherboard sucks, so I will be trying to sell it for retail, and the RAM is not what I wanted -- It's the G.Skill Trident 5600) so at least I will have some DDR5 to get up and running.

The most used apps on this PC will be Adobe Premiere // After Effects // Photoshop // Illustrator and Audition.

Sorry for the novel, but I know if anyone is going to have some good suggestions, it's gonna be on this website!

Thank you all very much in advance!

Associate
OP
Heya, thanks for the response. Well I don't have the DDR5 yet (it comes Wednesday) so assuming it gets here then I will have it.

I guess I shoulda have shortened the post a bit and just asked what my best Z690 D4 board option is if I wanted to send the RAM / Mobo combo back and wait a bit for more DDR5 kits to become available from different companies.

I had been researching which Z690 D4 board would be my best bet before I hit on the Mobo / DDR5 combos, so I guess I was still just curious. Thank you though for responding. Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom