• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Man of Honour
Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I did the cpu-less and ram-less bios flash prior to installation...seemed to go alright and exactly as how gigabyte described. So I don't think it's a bad bios flash fwiw.
Suspect you have - but gotta ask - have you cleared CMOS and tried re-flash? (i would do full-monty - remove battery etc).

Man of Honour
Suspect you have - but gotta ask - have you cleared CMOS and tried re-flash? (i would do full-monty - remove battery etc).
Yeah reflashed already. Still no go :(

No, I did it from the bios.
Hmmm...still the only culprits are board and CPU...not sure which one. Board seems less likely than CPU...at this point. Just need to borrow a spare ryzen lol... :/

Soldato
After BIOS flash or even BIOS changes, your PC may sound like it is in a reboot loop, but it has to change one thing and reboot, before another and can go through a number of self reboot stages. HAve you let the POST sequence run long enough before you reset or hold power button to off? Mine can take a couple of minutes before you see a POST screen, then it can reboot again before you see windows loading.

If you have POST led's on the board, if they are still flashing and not stuck then it's working. On mine I have had to hold power off after the LED's not changing, THEN it starts a cycle of reboots and finally it will POST and then go into WIndows.

Soldato
Hmmm...still the only culprits are board and CPU...not sure which one. Board seems less likely than CPU...at this point. Just need to borrow a spare ryzen lol... :/
Are you still at skeleton setup stage, outside of the case?

You're not using a temporary extension cable? (i know i'm reaching - but we've seen these things spring to life with a little nudge - no rhyme or reason. In some cases it's as though they needed time to think and adjust to the fact they're a f'ing computer :/).

Man of Honour
Are you still at skeleton setup stage, outside of the case?
Yeah. Test bench.

I think my first post took about 3 minutes before I got a picture.
I left it for nearly 10 mins lol

Unlikely supplier. :)
Ocuk sold me the CPU :p
Since it was the same price as the rainforest...UK etailer gets my custom lol

After BIOS flash or even BIOS changes, your PC may sound like it is in a reboot loop,
No reboot loop at all. Just fully powered on and no screen.
HAve you let the POST sequence run long enough before you reset or hold power button to off? Mine can take a couple of minutes before you see a POST screen, then it can reboot again before you see windows loading
Can't really tell if there is a post or not because there isn't any display

Man of Honour
Anyone wanna lend me a working 2000 or 3000 chip? Brum area...can pay in alcohol or food :/

Bigger shock than screen issue.
Lol well I buy from ocuk if they're price competitive

Have you tried a different GPU (i know the 1080Ti tested OK in previous PC)?
Don't have a spare, but can always fire up my old core to check if the 1080ti is working (I can't see why not)

Sigh...I'm sad... :(

But at least I did a good dust out of my case...and nearly choked to death...lol

Caporegime
I know mate, it is bloody annoying when you’re looking forward to a nice new PC and something’s gone. I was exasperated when my ultra died. That’s the problem with new tech. Us early adopters are the ones who have to put up with the issues.

Soldato
Anyone wanna lend me a working 2000 or 3000 chip? Brum area...can pay in alcohol or food :/
You would have had me at alcohol - but the one i can get my hands on is stuck in a friends PC - otherwise i would have posted one out.

Don't have a spare, but can always fire up my old core to check if the 1080ti is working (I can't see why not)
I don't doubt that the card works - i'm thinking back to all the troubleshooting i've done in the past - different card, boots up system - new PC realises it's role in life and then suddenly the component will work. Why? **** knows.

Man of Honour
@robfosters yeah...but I think DOA happens all the time can't really predict who/when...just have to take it on the chin. But I guess in your case a bios flash gone wrong really sucks...

Soldato
Lol I'd just needed it to diagnose and then bring it back...20 minute jobbie + traffic time. :p
Trust me - if i was local i would have still ripped it out of his system - he wouldn't have minded.

@tamzzy - you realise of course i'm now going to read all your posts in a Brummie accent in my head :D

Man of Honour
@Plec sorry to disappoint I don't have a Brummie accent :p

Oh well back to the 3770k for now until I get the replacement cpu

Back
Top Bottom