• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 5 Chat

I'm skipping Zen 4 and waiting until Zen 5 to make the jump. My 5900x will easily keep me going until then...and possibly longer depending on how the world pans out with cost of living going up sharply.

DDR5 will also be more affordable by then all being well too.

I think the difference going from Zen 3 to Zen 4, won't be as big a jump in performance, as going from Zen 4 to Zen 5. Time will tell but I just get the feeling that Zen 5 is AMDs way of better countering Intels advances. Intel have finally got their head out of their azz and are making progress again. Power hogs yes, but they are advancing quicker now that AMD have given them proper competition.

Remember Intel and their lack of needing to progress, with the 5-10% performance advances, on a quadcore, on multiple platforms, for all those years....now there is real competition.

AMD Zen 5 'Granite Ridge' CPUs are officially coming, and a new release date roadmap claims the gaming PC chip will arrive at some point in 2024

Surely 2024 is a bit late no? I thought it was going to be towards the end of 2023. I guess they need Zen 4 to be released first and given time for sales.

Back
Top Bottom