Zero punc saints row 2 review

Soldato
Awesome review.

Pretty much what a mate and i thought while playing. Playing the story co-op is the most fun experience i have had on live in a very, very, very long time! I urge everyone to get the game and play co-op with a mate.

Excellent!

Soldato
Good review, but i still think GTA4 has been the best in the series and didn't bore me as much as the other ones did (played them on PC and thought GTA LC, VC, SA were dire with a mouse and keyboard and couldn't be arsed to buy a crap 3rd party controller pre 360.)

I didnt really like the gameplay mechanics of Saints Row 1 either, just could not get into it, felt like i was driving a toy car around toy town. Where as GTA had a much more world experience to it apart from the suspension being made of playdough (which did make driving more fun in gta).

I will try and get into Saints Row again and give it a good shot but im steering well clear of Saints Row 2 for the moment. It's probably a similar reason i couldn't get get into oblivion either, the world was large and looked like so much fun after reading about it, but as soon as i borrowed the game and had an experience of the combat it quickly became boring.

I hope they release another GTA for the PS3/360 but hopefully will be ain a totally differant direction from GTA4, as much as i loved GTA4 it should have been a little more comical and less "realistic".

Soldato
For once I agree with him. Just like Saints Row wee'd on San Andreas as I originally said ages back (shamefull review pimp), and now Saints Row 2 pretty much pee's on GTA4. I do think however that whoever came up with the driving mechanics in SR2 needs to be shot.
I have to say, I felt that San Andreas was in a completely different league to the original Saints Row. Saints Row just didn't have that magic feeling that I got every time I fired San Andreas up. As such, my expectations for Saints Row 2 were exceptionally low (contrasting my impossibly high expectations for GTA:IV considering it's predecessors) but I was SO pleasantly surprised. I just loved the totally over the topness about the whole thing. It's a game that just wants you to have fun, and as a gamer, that's all I really want to do. :p

Playing Saints Row 2 through was a far far more enjoyable experience than playing GTA:IV through.

Soldato
Awesome review.

Pretty much what a mate and i thought while playing. Playing the story co-op is the most fun experience i have had on live in a very, very, very long time! I urge everyone to get the game and play co-op with a mate.

Excellent!

How does the story co-op work if you are already part way through the game. Do you start over with your mate, and can you save where you are and pick it up another night?

EDIT: Very cool review. I loved the bit about having to earn respect for missions :D

Also, what is the song at the beginning and end of this review?

Cheers

Last edited:
Permabanned
How does the story co-op work if you are already part way through the game. Do you start over with your mate, and can you save where you are and pick it up another night?

they just jump into your game no matter where you are, yes can save it and pick up from the same point another night.

Back
Top Bottom