Zigbee smart dimmable bulb recommendation (for use with Home Assistant)

Associate
Hi there.

I am currently having a go at running Home Assistant off my Raspberry Pi 3.

Having almost given up after realising how complicated it all seemed, I finally have everything set up and have bought a ZZH CC2652R stick, and set up ZigbeeMQTT.

I now need to start buying some devices to actually work with it.

My first idea is a smartbulb for the lamp outside my front door.

I want it to come on as soon as HA senses that the sun as set, on a low dim light (and will stay on all night).

However, I want the bulb to turn on to maximum brightness when it senses that my phone is on its way home.

Can anyone recommend anything bulb that might fit the job, please?

This is the list of compatible devices, which is pretty comprehensive (and includes many brands I have never heard of):

https://zigbee.blakadder.com/zigbee2mqtt.html

Need something that will be cheap to run (given that it will be on all night, every night), and won't burn the place down.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for your input, everyone - much appreciated.

I will definitely keep any eye out for Aara products - they seem to be getting some great reviews as really good value sensors.

Hue are crazily expensive and probably would only be an option on sale.

Are there any cheaper brands to consider (especially just for an outside light)?

Apparently, Ikea bulbs are Zigbee, so would they be an option?

I was looking at Tado bulbs (hadn't realised, until just now that they are TPLink) but they seem to be wifi, only.

Associate
OP
Thank you - I shall check those out as well. Bizarre that most of the smart bulbs, that I have come across, are the E27 fitting. (Irritatingly, my outdoor fitting is B22).

Back
Top Bottom