Zlatan Ibrahimovic retires

Soldato
Imo hes one of the greatest strikers every his scoring record speaks for itself

Nominated for the ballon d’or 11 times if it wasn't for ronaldo and messi he would have had quite a handful of those
Harry Kewell and Neville Southall have been nominated for the Ballon d'Or, maybe not 11 times but still.

Good player who had some great moments but one of the greatest? Nah.

Man of Honour
Personally I'd put him just a tier below Ronaldo and Messi, they're in their own elite elite bracket. The fact he's arguably a club legend at multiple places is a pretty great feat.

Really feels like the end of an era with all the recent retirements and players moving on

Caporegime
Harry Kewell and Neville Southall have been nominated for the Ballon d'Or, maybe not 11 times but still.

Good player who had some great moments but one of the greatest? Nah.

Outside Messi and Ronaldo he is easily up there in the top 3 of players in the past 15 years. 511 goals in 866 appearances. Not always with top teams either. He also wasted his peak years at PSG imo. 156 goals in 180 games for them. (Better ratio than both Neymar and Mbappe)

I would compare him to the Denis Irwin of strikers. He was just consistent for such a long period of time and never put a foot wrong. He might not have been as good as say a peak Kaka or Ronaldinho but their peaks lasted 5 years. Zlatan was at the top for 20+ years.

I was very against him coming to United at 35 but he was pure magic for that season as I totally disregarded his determination as a player.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very good goal scoring record but then most of it was in the farmers league and in the decline of Serie A after 2010.

Shame he missed out on a CL with Inter but also no guarentee they'd have won it if he played as Milito was incredible in big games.

Back
Top Bottom