Zola to stay Hammers boss... but

Associate
.. he looks like he is under an enormous amont of strain.

A fantastic footballing career. A multi millionaire... is a job of this nature really worth the stress that he is clearly under...

My advice to Gianfraco is to go back to Italy, spend some time in beautiful Tuscany, lap up the sun, food and wine and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

_47543672_zola226x282.jpg

No job is worth that much stress, he looks close to having a break down!!!

Soldato
:D :D ^^^^^

I agree with the OP, it's not worth the stress for Zola, but I'm still thanking him in advance for relegating West Ham. :p

Man of Honour
I was there on Tuesday and they were truly awful. :(

Although I think they can get a result against Stoke tomorrow which will help take some pressure off. :)

Caporegime
Am I right in thinking Zola hasn't even done his UEFA coaching badges yet?

I'm sure he's a nice guy but I don't really agree with how ex-players seem to walk straight into the pinnacle of football management based on their reputation as a player, especially when you've got talented, qualified and experienced managers working on shoestring budgets in the lower leagues who would jump at the chance.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Who would the players better respond to?

That's my point, hire managers for their managerial qualities and not for a 'response' based on who they are. :)

I haven't seen all the CV's of the managers in the lower leagues but 99% of them were far better qualified for the position than Zola was.

It just strikes me as strange that clubs offer ex-players 3 year contracts to do their apprenticeship at the highest level and then get upset when the team starts to falter.

Back
Top Bottom