• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ZOTAC 3090 Fan Stop/Start Noise

Associate
Hi all,

I bought the ZOTAC 3090 Trinity and am very happy with it bar one point; every time the third fan (the one furthest from the HDMI/DisplayPort connections) starts, it make a rubbing noise for a fraction of a second. I could handle this if it was only once, on startup, but its not. The fans seems to start and stop regularly when not under load.

I've downloaded Firestorm and set the fans so that they should always be on at a low speed however that hasn't stopped the third fan starting and stopping when not under load. I note that Firestorm only suggests that there are two fans that can be controlled not the three that I see on the card. So I can only assume that I'm controlling the first two fans only and not the one causing the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi all,

I bought the ZOTAC 3090 Trinity and am very happy with it bar one point; every time the third fan (the one furthest from the HDMI/DisplayPort connections) starts, it make a rubbing noise for a fraction of a second. I could handle this if it was only once, on startup, but its not. The fans seems to start and stop regularly when not under load.

I've downloaded Firestorm and set the fans so that they should always be on at a low speed however that hasn't stopped the third fan starting and stopping when not under load. I note that Firestorm only suggests that there are two fans that can be controlled not the three that I see on the card. So I can only assume that I'm controlling the first two fans only and not the one causing the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?
Can you take it off and try re-fitting it? Unlikely, but perhaps it is over tightened or loose.

Have you take the card out to visually check they aren't rubbing against something?
The only thing I can think of is to return the card, unless you fancy swapping the fans around. I don't know what that entails with Zotac, so I don't know if it would be successful.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions:

LtMatt, just tried this now and no joy.

pp111, just taken a look and there isn't anything that I can see. Yeh I don't fancy swapping fans around.

MooMoo, I tried this originally but couldn't get the voltage control on Afterburner working. Just tried again and found a fix for the voltage issue and now have the fans running low all the time which has fixed the issue.

Thanks all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom