• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity OC LED fix?

Associate
Hi all, I got my Zotac RTX 3080 from Overclockers on Saturday and I'm having trouble trying to get the led display to work. Long story short, Zotac are telling me to return the card even though it seems like a software issue. It worked briefly when I first installed the card. Has anyone else had this issue? I am undecided wether I should return the card as it performs well in games and also there is a high demand for the cards and if Overclockers would have a replacement for me?

Soldato
Hi all, I got my Zotac RTX 3080 from Overclockers on Saturday and I'm having trouble trying to get the led display to work. Long story short, Zotac are telling me to return the card even though it seems like a software issue. It worked briefly when I first installed the card. Has anyone else had this issue? I am undecided wether I should return the card as it performs well in games and also there is a high demand for the cards and if Overclockers would have a replacement for me?
Use their FireStorm_V3.0.0.018E (GeForce 30) software it checks for a BIOS update and many people have said there is a BIOS update for the cards and will fix the fan issues too. Try that and apply the update BIOS from that software.

link here to get it from :- https://www.zotac.com/us/files/download/by_product?p_nid=956598&driver_type=All&os=All

Direct link to FireStorm_V3.0.0.018E (GeForce 30) :- https://www.zotac.com/download/mediadrivers/cards/Firestorm_V3.0.0.018E_EN_KR.zip

Associate
OP
Use their FireStorm_V3.0.0.018E (GeForce 30) software it checks for a BIOS update and many people have said there is a BIOS update for the cards and will fix the fan issues too. Try that and apply the update BIOS from that software.

link here to get it from :- https://www.zotac.com/us/files/download/by_product?p_nid=956598&driver_type=All&os=All

Direct link to FireStorm_V3.0.0.018E (GeForce 30) :- https://www.zotac.com/download/mediadrivers/cards/Firestorm_V3.0.0.018E_EN_KR.zip
Thanks for the reply, I've already tried that software and once you open the program, it prompts me that there is an update, however the update won't install. There has been posts on reddit where people do clean installs of windows 10 and it still won't update for them. That's when I contacted Zotac and they gave me a tool that inserts a bin file, however that software freezes too. So they've pretty much told me to return the card which I'm on the fence about..

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, I've already tried that software and once you open the program, it prompts me that there is an update, however the update won't install. There has been posts on reddit where people do clean installs of windows 10 and it still won't update for them. That's when I contacted Zotac and they gave me a tool that inserts a bin file, however that software freezes too. So they've pretty much told me to return the card which I'm on the fence about..

Try update it on another pc mate, could be your motherboard being the issue too when trying to update.

Also make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS and latest chipset drivers.

What is the spec of your pc ?

Associate
OP
Try update it on another pc mate, could be your motherboard being the issue too when trying to update.

Also make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS and latest chipset drivers.

What is the spec of your pc ?
I've the msi z490 gaming carbon motherboard paired with a 10700k. I updated the bios a few months back but will check for a newer version when I get home. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of trying it in another pc, but will try updating the bios on my motherboard. Thanks

Associate
OP
Mine is doing the same thing and not being able to update. Havnt contacted zotac yet but don't really want to send it back.
Yeah it was pointless for me to contact Zotac as the tool they give you won't work either. I'm just going to hold on to mine until there's plenty of them in stock again.

Associate
OP
I have heard of people retrying the update about 30 times and then it would work for them. I really havnt had time to try this for hours though.
I've definitely tried it that many times, and failed everytime. When it fails it says something about closing applications running in the background and trying again, which I've done. I think the people that get it to update have been very lucky.

Associate
Just making me think of water-cooling it to be honest unless we get a fix. Hopefully they do something about it and not just ask to send them all back. Has been a fair amount of time for them to rectify the problem though

Associate
OP
Which tool are we talking about here? Something we get off zotac?
Yeah if you email Zotac customer services, they will provide you with a link to a tool which I believe is to to update your gpu. However even the tool they supply doesn't work for me even if it's ran in admin mode, just freezes. But I guess everyones system may be different to mine so it's worth a try.

Associate
OP
Update to all those interested or have been trying like me to get the leds working... Finally it's now working!!!!!!!!
So all I did was turned off my pc, disconnected my display port cable and rebooted my pc with it plugged into the display port on my motherboard.

I wasn't getting any signal so put in back into the back of my gpu.

Then tried updating firestorm again. The progress bar was now reaching 100%, before it was only going to approximately 50% before getting the update failed message.

I then shut everything I had running in the background, msi afterburner, nzxt software, wallpaper engine etc, tried again and it updated and the leds are working.

Sounds like it may have been a fluke, but I hope it helps someone else out.

Associate
Run the tool with admin access, right click the file for the tool and say run as administrator.

This.

The FireStorm software is a) Not correctly installed to run as admin, and b) isn't even digitally signed so will warn you everytime.

This should unlock the greyed out Spectra tab, and then clicking defaults will restore the LEDs.

Its also well worth upgrading this card to BIOS that allows 105% power levels.

Associate
This.

The FireStorm software is a) Not correctly installed to run as admin, and b) isn't even digitally signed so will warn you everytime.

This should unlock the greyed out Spectra tab, and then clicking defaults will restore the LEDs.

Its also well worth upgrading this card to BIOS that allows 105% power levels.

I get the warning on every program start. And if I run as admin it still won't update.
Is there another way to install as admin?

However I am able to raise the power to 105% in afterburner already. Just the Rgb isn't working.

Associate
I get the warning on every program start. And if I run as admin it still won't update.
Is there another way to install as admin?

However I am able to raise the power to 105% in afterburner already. Just the Rgb isn't working.

It warns you because its not digitally signed. You need to RUN IT as admin once installed. Then regardless of if it upgrades the firmware, the SPECTRA button should then be accessible allowing you to reset the RGB to defaults.

To upgrade the firmware I reinstalled the Nivida drivers, selecting manual install options and then a clean install. It then worked.

Soldato
I got the trinity OC recently and had read about the woes in this thread.

New card and it's nailed 1st time.

Installed firestorm before GPU turned up

physically installed card

Used DDU to strip the drivers (in safe mode)
Auto Reboot from shutdown (cold)
Shut everything down in task bar
Firestorm recognized firmware update
Installs to 100%, but asks reboot firestorm. Doing that says it's already running
Reboot (cold)
Install Nvidia drivers
Reboot
For me it all works

Did the inbuilt overclocking tool. Crashed during game, so OC manually

:)

Back
Top Bottom