Zzoomm Fibre Discussion Thread.

Caporegime
I've only ever changed ISP when I moved address, never in the same one but I am looking to move from BT to Zzoomm.

Basically, BT pricing is about 50% more than Zzoomm for the same download speed and 10% of the upload speed. My contract with BT ends in December so I can think about start ordering or migrate to another ISP, so here are my questions.

1 - Do I just cancel with BT and then place an order with Zzoomm separately? Do you plan it so there is an overlap so that in theory, i would have 2 internet connection at my address at one point?

2 - I guess there is no such a thing as PAC code for this. Just call BT to cancel the broadband and let it run its course?

Thanks

There will in the future be a one-touch process for this, but there isn't now. As Zzoomm involves a separate physical network being installed to your property it is recommended that you wait until Zzoomm goes live and you've been using it for a few days and are happy before you cancel with BT, or at least give yourself a couple of weeks of overlap and then cancel the BT termination on the first sign of any delay from Zzoomm's side.

If you try and time things so any overlap is only a few days then you run the risk of being without either service.
It looks like Zzoomm use their own network so they'll be entirely separate, you can have both running for as long as you like. When I went from BT to Hyperoptic I had my BT contract cancelled about a week or so after Hyperoptic was installed and running.

It may be worth contacting BT and asking them to calculate your early termination fee, I had about 7 months left on my contract and I think it only cost me £62 to cancel.
Thanks, it makes sense to have Zzoomm start before terminating BT.

And yes, Zzoomm seems to be on it's own network. They literally just laid the cable a few weeks ago. This morning I saw one of their trucks outside so someone on this street must have ordered it too.

Did anyone get Zzoomm installed yet?

Yes, 2 weeks now. It's been great. Advertised 150mbps, I am getting 190mbps, up and down.

The installation had it's hiccups, they couldn't find the end of the cable when feeding through for about 30mins...but eventually, it all got set up. The router that it comes with seems decent as well, Wifi 6, has 2.5Ghz port and 2 x 1gig ports.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom