BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
Raikiri! Nice piccies!

That Crysis screeny is divine! I cant believe thats a non native res pic!

Do me a favour and can you take some pics at 1024x768 or even 1280 x 1024?

We need non-native res pics people! Im on the verge!

Gibbo Whats the word on any price drop? Dont give me "Cant do weekend special rate" cause you can do it! You did it this weekend! So do it next weekend :p Cheers bud!

And thanks reviewers for your contributions!

Based on what Tizor said the screen looking much better running 16:10 resolutions over 4:3 (so 1366x768 kind of thing).

Black levels - the line is the hidden task bar

blacklevelswa8.jpg

Viewing angles

dscf3867ek6.jpg

Some 1080p beowulf (no pro so only windowed :()

dscf3873xl9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
For those people who have used top quality CRT monitors in the past, if I moved to this monitor would I notice a drop in image quality (text, photos, games only)?

The last thing I want to do is spend money and downgrade to a monitor that gives lesser image quality than my current Sony 19" CRT.

Thanks.

Soldato
Thanks Raikiri.

Is 1280 x 800 a 16:10 resolution?
(How do I determine whats what? without having to caclulate it :p)

Also, any chance of posting some lower res 16:10 pics of crysis?

Question is, would you game at lower resolutions on this panel Raikiri?
Very nice pics btw ;)

Soldato
Raikiri

Where can I download this widget programme please?

http://widgets.yahoo.com/

I couldn't find the one I have on there (changed the layout and it's worse) so I uploaded it to rapidshare for ya :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/72682585/MyQuickLauncher.widget

Thanks Raikiri.

Is 1280 x 800 a 16:10 resolution?
(How do I determine whats what? without having to caclulate it :p)

Also, any chance of posting some lower res 16:10 pics of crysis?

Question is, would you game at lower resolutions on this panel Raikiri?
Very nice pics btw ;)

I am playing Crysis at 1680x1050 as it won't run well at the max res, I will try some lower ones later but I am knackered atm :p

Associate
I have been following this monitor since last Saturday since I intend to buy a 22" (or now a 24") for Christmas. It would be nice if you guys help me out with a few questions before I decide for this monitor.

Given that I use my PC mostly for playing WoW (or other RPGs), very occasionaly I play FPSs, watching DVDs and browsing the net......

1) How would this monitor compare in terms of picture quality with say a Samsung 2232BW Pebble (which was the monitor I was going to buy before seeing this)?

2) Having a reclining chair at my PC I tend to lean backwards and look up towards the monitor - since the base doesn't have any height adjust ability - anyone thinks this will a problem for good picture representation at such angles?

3) Does the monitor take any external lcd arms?

4) Sorry if this question has been asked before but since my card is an 8800gts will I be able to play games at 1680x1050.

Thanks for all your answers.

Soldato
You need to download the Yahoo widgets program from the first link.

Edit: Wow that new website design is horrible, here's the program: http://filehippo.com/download_konfabulator/

I have been following this monitor since last Saturday since I intend to buy a 22" (or now a 24") for Christmas. It would be nice if you guys help me out with a few questions before I decide for this monitor.

Given that I use my PC mostly for playing WoW (or other RPGs), very occasionaly I play FPSs, watching DVDs and browsing the net......

1) How would this monitor compare in terms of picture quality with say a Samsung 2232BW Pebble (which was the monitor I was going to buy before seeing this)? It seems to use the same panel as the higher end 24" (VA) whereas the pebble only uses a TN panel so it should be as good or better.

2) Having a reclining chair at my PC I tend to lean backwards and look up towards the monitor - since the base doesn't have any height adjust ability - anyone thinks this will a problem for good picture representation at such angles? Viewing angles are great, much better than a TN panel.

3) Does the monitor take any external lcd arms? Yes, it has VESA 100 mounting.

4) Sorry if this question has been asked before but since my card is an 8800gts will I be able to play games at 1680x1050. All but Crysis will be fine... well Crysis is ok but a little low towards the end of the game.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP

1) How would this monitor compare in terms of picture quality with say a Samsung 2232BW Pebble (which was the monitor I was going to buy before seeing this)?

2) Having a reclining chair at my PC I tend to lean backwards and look up towards the monitor - since the base doesn't have any height adjust ability - anyone thinks this will a problem for good picture representation at such angles?

3) Does the monitor take any external lcd arms?

4) Sorry if this question has been asked before but since my card is an 8800gts will I be able to play games at 1680x1050.

Hi there

1. You may preferre the Samsungs colours, but may not!
2. This 24" is far more appropiate as viewing angles are vastly superior to the Samsung TN based panels.
3. Its VESA complaint so if the arms can attache via that then yes.
4. 1680x1050 no problem for a GTS, even Crysis is acceptable.

Associate
Dam was just about to get my mate to order one but then realised the price has went up about £40 and does not seem as good a deal :(

Will keep an eye it one tho :)

Associate
How much would a decent stand for it set you back? Worth getting this + nice stand or cheaper to get another already with a stand now the price has gone up?

Back
Top Bottom