BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
People keep going on and on about viewing distances and how bad the TN monitors are. This DGM looks great, but I'd rather buy a well known make - I've been put off the Dell by the ghosting issue so that leaves the Samsung or the cheaper Dell, but they are both TN. so could anyone post a picture of a TN 24" panel from an extreme angle like the ones earlier in this thread to compare?

Soldato
I think it's time to give the kids my Samsung 215TW & replace it with one of these.

I don't think the carp stand will bother me as it will be bolting on here :)

sammy.jpg

only problem is will Mrs G notice & give me grief :o

Soldato
Very temping still ;) but yeah I think Ocuk can do a much better price on it lets have it a weekend special everyday !

My Samsung 245B I gotta admit once I noticed the whole "View angles" thing it is a tad off putting, sorta niggles at you especially when your left thinking just how much better can a screen get over a TN panel.

I do notice a shift in contrast/brightness/sharpness and detail if I move my head left and right and up and down, obviously 99% of the time no ones gonna be doing that with there head in front of the screen.

But it does make you wonder, thx to RobH review nice job would love a review between one of the TN 22"-24" and the Ocuk 24" :)

Soldato
so not a factor for general pc use then?

IIRC some cards can do it anyway right?

nope, not an issue:) when in fullscreen mode, media players will generally stretch as far as possible on the horizontal whilst keeping the original aspect ratio, so the video isnt stretched out of proportion. if you reeeeaally want to, you can use something like ffdshow to display video at 1:1

Associate
Gwan play the game lads :D

Its the law is it not? Advertised price...... Im gonna get one too if it drops low enough. Im not paying that much for it when it was so cheap over the weekend out of principal. I feel like ocuk have let us down really. They know people are interested so its - profit - profit - profit...........

Shame really.

+ When does the TWO price go up? In the morning?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom