Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
OP
Just got a Akasa Mirage (Still in box) to update my Akasa collection... Only having the Eclipse is cleaning the front fan filters any easier... ;)

Will post pics when I build over Christmas Holidays.... :)

Associate
Had a Mirage for about a year now, and looking at my first water cooling attempt, so thought I'd share my plans in this thread. Am currently looking at mounting a Thermochill PA120.3 rad internally. Anyone else tried this? If not, why not? The tape measure says it'll fit, but if this doesn't work I'll consider external fitting.

This is my system after a bit of tidying and removing hard drive bays in preparation:

DSCF2231.jpg

Nice bit space in the bottom of the case!
My plan is to mount the rad on the base, with 2 or 3 120mm fans pulling air into the case through the rad and the 120mm holes I'll cut into the case bottom. The pump should fit at the front of the case, to the right, with the reservoir at the top, next to my optical drive. I'm also thinking that I will make the front fan exhaust, pulling air away from the rad. Initially I'm only going to be water cooling the CPU, and will add the GPU at a later date into the loop. This is because I'm looking at a GPU upgrade in a few months when the Nvidia 9 series cards come out (depending on reviews).
I've just ordered the following, which I suspect I won't get until the new year now.

12V Laing DDC-1T Pro w/EK DDC X-TOP - Acetal (fitted with 1/2" Nickel Plated barbs)
Laing DDC Acrylic L Stand (XSPC)
ThermoChill PA120.3
ThermoChill PS120.3 Performance Shroud (Black)
2 x ThermoChill 3/8-1/2 Barb
EK Supreme CPU Block, 1/2" Barbs
Swiftech MCRES Micro Reservoir
7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer PVC Tubing
NoiseBlocker XE1 17 dB/A 92mm Case Fan - for my current GPU cooler
Artic Silver 5 - 3.5g
Mikalor Wormdrive Clip 1/2" (10 Pack)
1 x ICY BOX SATA-SATA Mobile Rack (128-Black) - for my HD backup

Anyone think of anything I've forgotten?
Once things start to arrive, I'll post again, and will include photos. Any thoughts on my plans?

Associate
you could get away with your cpu (and graphics at a later stage) on a 120.2

also it might be worth checking the placement of your rad, is your case going to be sat on a flat surface? even if the case is raised off the work surface will there be enough air flow to keep the liquid cool ?

i might be wrong with the above :p but its what popped in to my head :)

Associate
OP
Had a Mirage for about a year now, and looking at my first water cooling attempt, so thought I'd share my plans in this thread. Am currently looking at mounting a Thermochill PA120.3 rad internally. Anyone else tried this? If not, why not? The tape measure says it'll fit, but if this doesn't work I'll consider external fitting.

This is my system after a bit of tidying and removing hard drive bays in preparation:

DSCF2231.jpg

Nice bit space in the bottom of the case!
My plan is to mount the rad on the base, with 2 or 3 120mm fans pulling air into the case through the rad and the 120mm holes I'll cut into the case bottom. The pump should fit at the front of the case, to the right, with the reservoir at the top, next to my optical drive. I'm also thinking that I will make the front fan exhaust, pulling air away from the rad. Initially I'm only going to be water cooling the CPU, and will add the GPU at a later date into the loop. This is because I'm looking at a GPU upgrade in a few months when the Nvidia 9 series cards come out (depending on reviews).
I've just ordered the following, which I suspect I won't get until the new year now.

12V Laing DDC-1T Pro w/EK DDC X-TOP - Acetal (fitted with 1/2" Nickel Plated barbs)
Laing DDC Acrylic L Stand (XSPC)
ThermoChill PA120.3
ThermoChill PS120.3 Performance Shroud (Black)
2 x ThermoChill 3/8-1/2 Barb
EK Supreme CPU Block, 1/2" Barbs
Swiftech MCRES Micro Reservoir
7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer PVC Tubing
NoiseBlocker XE1 17 dB/A 92mm Case Fan - for my current GPU cooler
Artic Silver 5 - 3.5g
Mikalor Wormdrive Clip 1/2" (10 Pack)
1 x ICY BOX SATA-SATA Mobile Rack (128-Black) - for my HD backup

Anyone think of anything I've forgotten?
Once things start to arrive, I'll post again, and will include photos. Any thoughts on my plans?

Off subject M8.. the 120mm fans you have fitted in your Mirage can you tell me what make they are, I have seen them in many cases and curiosity is getting the better of me, any advantages from this make??? wonder why they are so popular.... Thank you for your help..;):cool:

Soldato
Off subject M8.. the 120mm fans you have fitted in your Mirage can you tell me what make they are, I have seen them in many cases and curiosity is getting the better of me, any advantages from this make??? wonder why they are so popular.... Thank you for your help..;):cool:
BFG,

Depending on rpm they're either these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-000-NC

or these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-001-NC

Very quiet from what i've heard. Not too good for restricted cooling where back pressure is generated: e.g: dense finned cpu coolers and rads. For everything else they're fine though.

Also consider sharkoon silent eagles for silent air shifting duties:

1000rpm: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-SH

There's also a 2000rpm version but these will probably be quite noisy without a fan controller.

gt

Associate
OP
BFG,

Depending on rpm they're either these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-000-NC

or these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-001-NC

Very quiet from what i've heard. Not too good for restricted cooling where back pressure is generated: e.g: dense finned cpu coolers and rads. For everything else they're fine though.

Also consider sharkoon silent eagles for silent air shifting duties:

1000rpm: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-005-SH

There's also a 2000rpm version but these will probably be quite noisy without a fan controller.

gt

Thank you for your help with my questions gt_junkie...;) will look into these fans.....:cool:

Associate
SGWills - I've got wheels fitted so the case is raised off the ground 2", so plenty of room for airflow (I think!) Regarding the rad, although I might get away with a 120.2, I'd like to try to mount the 120.3 for future proofing, and better cooling. I may want to add other components like NB to the loop in the future.

BFG9000 - gt_junkie is absolutely right. The front one is the 800 and the rear exhaust is 1200. They are very quiet, but will be using different ones on my rad, again for the reasons gt_junkie said. I was looking at the Xilence ones, but am undecided and open to suggestions. The Sharkoons will now get consideration!

I would like to use a fan controller, but as I've got a Mirage, I'm restricted due to the case door. Anyone got any suggestions?

Associate
OP
SGWills - I've got wheels fitted so the case is raised off the ground 2", so plenty of room for airflow (I think!) Regarding the rad, although I might get away with a 120.2, I'd like to try to mount the 120.3 for future proofing, and better cooling. I may want to add other components like NB to the loop in the future.

BFG9000 - gt_junkie is absolutely right. The front one is the 800 and the rear exhaust is 1200. They are very quiet, but will be using different ones on my rad, again for the reasons gt_junkie said. I was looking at the Xilence ones, but am undecided and open to suggestions. The Sharkoons will now get consideration!

I would like to use a fan controller, but as I've got a Mirage, I'm restricted due to the case door. Anyone got any suggestions?

Any pics M8..;)

Associate
Will post some pics shortly, especially when I've had the PA120.3 delivered, so I can show how much space I have or haven't got. If it doesn't fit, floor clearance becomes a mute point. So far have taken delivery of 2 of the 3 orders I placed. Awaiting the PA120.3, Masterkleer tubing and the EK Supreme CPU block. Won't see them until the new year now. :(

Associate
OP
Will post some pics shortly, especially when I've had the PA120.3 delivered, so I can show how much space I have or haven't got. If it doesn't fit, floor clearance becomes a mute point. So far have taken delivery of 2 of the 3 orders I placed. Awaiting the PA120.3, Masterkleer tubing and the EK Supreme CPU block. Won't see them until the new year now. :(

You'll have loads of space M8 in the Akasa...:D

Associate
I'm looking forward to seeing how you are planning on fitting a PA120.3 + fans in the Eclipse without loosing the harddrive rack and nearly all your PCI/PCIe slots.

Have faith ;), be posting pics up in the next 2 weeks of fitting 2, 120.3 Rad's :eek: in/on my Akasa 62 case, just waiting on bit's to arrive, hope to get them all by the 8th Jan.

Think I will only lose 1 pci slot and the bottom HD Rack.

Associate
Upgraded from my old 939 system to a Core 2 Duo system over Christmas. Looking over my old pictures shows just how much my systems internals have changed over such a small period of time but with the exception of this Akasa Mirage case which looks like it will outlive everything else that is currently inside it.

My system at the start of 2007:

PC01.jpg

Minor tidy up signalling the removal of IDE from my system:

PC02.jpg

And finally my current build:

PC07.jpg

I got a bit fed of having to remove the PSU everytime i wanted to remove my tray since I was hiding some fan cables under it, so I decided to drill a hole by the side of it to thread them through instead.

I was considering getting the replacement side panel that has a fan built into it to improve cooling a bit more but it seems OcUK has stopped stocking them now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom