Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
OP
Upgraded from my old 939 system to a Core 2 Duo system over Christmas. Looking over my old pictures shows just how much my systems internals have changed over such a small period of time but with the exception of this Akasa Mirage case which looks like it will outlive everything else that is currently inside it.

My system at the start of 2007:

PC01.jpg

Minor tidy up signalling the removal of IDE from my system:

PC02.jpg

Q3? Upgrade:

PC10b.jpg

And finally my current build:

PC11a.jpg

I got a bit fed of having to remove the PSU everytime i wanted to remove my tray since I was hiding some fan cables under it, so I decided to drill a hole by the side of it to thread them through instead.

PC11b.jpg

I was considering getting the replacement side panel that has a fan built into it to improve cooling a bit more but it seems OcUK has stopped stocking them now.

Nice setup.. I was looking to buy a couple of the Akasa fanned side panels from them in the new year, hopefully some might come back in stock soon..:D

Associate
i wouldnt get a fanned side panel tbh, just get two good fans on a pull/push on the front and back of the case, my temps are mid 40's with two yates, Q6600 @ 3.6 cooled with a ninja

Associate
well after after upgrading my PSU to an Enermax Galaxy I found it near impossible to hide all those wires in my Antec 900.
So the search was on for a new case after a lot of searching and reading i decided on this The Akasa Eclipse 62. The case is a dream to work with, so much room to hide wires.
I do have e few problems tho, mainly airflow to the GFX card area, in my 900 my card used to idle around 54 and max around 64 now its idling nearer to 70, and i aint even gonna try to play games on it at that temp. i did try to combat this by removing all the spare pci covers as thats where all the hot air was building up, its taken about 10 degrees off so it will do until i change my gfx cooler.
AkasaEclipse4.jpg

AkasaEclipse3.jpg

AkasaEclipse1.jpg

AkasaEclipse2.jpg

Does anyone know of any companys where i could send my panels to have holes cut in them as i dont trust myself to do it properly.

Last edited:
Associate
Have slowly started work on my water cooling upgrade.
As said previously in this thread, was planning to put a PA120.3 rad in the base of my Mirage, but have since changed my mind. As I'd removed my hard drive case and wasn't using any PCI slots, it would've fitted. However, I was planning this move to water cooling would be relatively future-proof. My next motherboard upgrade may require PCI access or just be laid out differently, so needed to maintain space around this area.

Instead, I've decided to mount the radiator externally, on the roof of the case. I'm going to drill holes in the top, and feed the barbs through above the 5.25" bays.
All I've done so far is rewire the fans and put together the rad with a shroud and fans.

DSCF2249.jpg

My completed radiator block.

DSCF2252.jpg

More hassle than it looks, as I've cut the connectors off the fans and connected them all together so they will run off a single molex. Will attach the molex connector once I've fed the wires through the small hole I'll make for them in the case top.

DSCF2251.jpg

As you can see, I've covered over the wires with braiding and black tape to make it look better.

DSCF2256.jpg

This is where the radiator unit is going to go. Next job, drill holes into my case top!

Before anyone comments, the unit will be raised off the case top with 12x 10mm spacers, creating (hopefully) enough space for air to be pulled from. Have come up with some other minor modification ideas for inside the case, but will post pics of them at a later date!

One headache I do have from mounting my rad here is making it so I can still remove the case top. With the wiring, I can just disconnect the molex that will be inside the case, but the tubing is a different matter. Considering fitting 1/2" screw or quick release connectors inside the case top, or just making the tubing to the rad a bit longer to give me some play. Anyone any suggestions?

Associate
OP
"those aquatic on/off flow valves on the rad pipes "
What flow valves are those?

My aquarium has an external pump and when it needs cleaning you turn the flow valves to off to prevent any water leaving the tank... Thought it might be an idea with your setup so you will be able to remove the top panel for any maintenance without water spilling over components..:cool: These can be purchased at any aquatic centre with a variety of sizes, ordering online will also be cheaper for you.. :)

Back
Top Bottom