Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

Soldato
Entertaining first half, I've been impressed with Gutierrez and Coloccini for Newcastle, both look like they'll be excellent signings.

Soldato
When reading the signings and seeing how NUFC signed I wasnt that happy didnt really get the qual in midfield we need but these 2 are doing alright so cant complain at mo. Although coloccini looks like puyol :p

Soldato
Colocinni looks a bit out of place sometimes, but he's only been at the club one day! He's made some class tackles as well.

Jonas is already a fans' favourite, looking forward to him this season.

I thought it was pretty funny when the Man U fans were signing 'Cheer up Kevin Keegan' and the Newcastle fans reply with 'Shearer! Shearer!' :p

Soldato
Tight game, quite feisty. Shame we havn't got any option from the bench really. Wouldn't mind Rafael coming on for Brown to give us something extra down the right but that won't happen today.

Soldato
Entertaining first half, I've been impressed with Gutierrez and Coloccini for Newcastle, both look like they'll be excellent signings.

Was thinking that. One of the commentators said that it was unusual for a foreign player to get stuck in and track back on his debut. Good entertaining 1st half but I would have prefered it if he would have blooded one of the youngsters instead of bringing O'**** on.

Campbell has had a liveley 45 mins. Looks a bit lightweight but that should change if he gets a run of games

Soldato
Anyone reckon Guiterez(sp?) should have had a free kick or pen in the 1st half ? Thought it was a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge myself

It was definitely outside the box. Think he was taken out of his run.

Seen them given pretty much sums up what it was.

Soldato
Would have been soft if it was given but Vidic wasn't exactly running shoulder to shoulder. I think were were lucky to get away with the Milner handball though, so can't complain.

Soldato
Would have been soft if it was given but Vidic wasn't exactly running shoulder to shoulder. I think were were lucky to get away with the Milner handball though, so can't complain.
It was a foul, without a doubt. I'm not so sure on the Milner handball either. It clearly hits his hand (which would be enough if the rules were how I would like them to be) but intent seems to be the important point more often than not, and I'm not sure Milner could do much to get out of the way of it.

Caporegime
This is so frustrating, a whole year later and I still find myself saying we don't have enough attacking options. I know we have a lot of players out but we should be prepared for that :(

Soldato
I think we'll definately get a striker if this ends 1-1 (though I think we'll end up getting one at some point even if we win). Just don't think Fergie will be happy having absolutely nothing on the bench to go and win the game.

Back
Top Bottom