Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

Soldato
Because it doesn't matter who we have missing, in the end its still points dropped. We can't turn around at the end of the season an say 'oh we had injuries' we've had a whole summer to reinforce and we just haven't.
Course it matters who we have missing. I'm not saying anyone should be happy about it, but you can't lose players like Tevez/Nani/Anderson/Hargreaves/Ronaldo/Saha (lol) and not expect it to affect how the team plays.

I fully agree we needed to buy, still do and have done for a while now (I've said all along we got lucky with injuries last season). It's just that some of the comments seem to have no consideration for us having half a team out.

Soldato
Nearly had a heart attack at the end with Rooney's freekick. Couldn't ask for more from the players, I doubt the players would be playing like that under Allardyce, not with that much heart.

Edit- Man U may have been missing players, but as I said before, we've got some decent players to come back as well.

Caporegime
Yeah Rooney just cannot finish. He was attempting shots that where just downright silly.

Anyway not to worry.

1.) He's only just come back from this virus
2.) You can't score without anyone to set you up. All our creative players were out, Campbell didn't link up with Rooney at all, I thought Rodders looked like the most likely to set something up.

Soldato
What a player Jonas is!!!

This new scouting network and club management setup could really work out great

Yeah. I was the ******* papers would stop slagging Wise etc. off. Most the players we are singing Zamblera etc. won't make the first team for five years or so, so it's obvious we aren't gonna be pushing for Champions League and stuff straight away.

Associate
Wasn't expecting even close results against Newcastle last year, considering no Ronny, Tevez, Giggs and Carrick getting injured, and Rooney not played for a few weeks, a draw is decent considering the squad at hand.
Campbell has impressed me, thinking of getting his name on back of my shirt..

Associate
Scholes was awful today, really really bad.

I cringed everytime he got the ball, if he didn't misplace a pass then he was just holding onto it for way too long and eventually losing it.

Not the greatest performance by us but when you consider just how many players we have missing (losing Tevez was huge as he has been simply awesome pre-season) it wasn't the worst result in the world.

Soldato
Don't know why people are being so critical of the performance. No it's not been great, but just have a think about who we have missing, it's hardly surprising we're below par.

Yeah missing one player who scored over half of your goals and now ya pap :D

bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Soldato
We havent brought in as many players as expected (so far) but the ones we have brought in look like very good buys.

Think 2 more are due in this week. We been keeping are deals well under wraps.

I like the way we are operating so far. And not paying over the odds for players

Soldato
With four main players out - I think Man Utd were lucky with a draw

FC did well but it shows that he should really only be a sub to start with

Given is a great keeper but even so

As stated though - at least we managed to score in the first game. Hopefully by the next game we have Berba upfront

Our midfield is shocking though - Fletcher is good but with OShea or a rookie we need more muscle, injuries are going to be a real problem (and the Olympics)

Back
Top Bottom