*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
The LE version comes with everything (or some stuff) unlocked, so in the standard version you have to level up to unlock stuff.

The Limited Edition version of BC2 comes with 6 unlocks (4 unlocks for BC2 and 2 for BF1943)

Bad Company 2:

Four vehicle warfare unlocks

Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Battlefield 1943

M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=419704

Caporegime
Supreme Vehicle Firepower is one I missed after playing BF1943 where you can fire shells and MG from the tank. Can't do that at the start of BC2 which meant getting in a muddle hopping up and down from the driver's seat to the gunner's seat. :D

Soldato
KNiVES' handy guide to getting points from things that doesn't involve indiscriminate killing

The select button;
- spots an enemy and highlights him for everyone else in your team
- requests ammo/health off the relevant teammate (ammo from assault, health from medic)
- tells squad to attack/defend objectives when aiming at them
- requests a ride when aiming at friendly vehicles

The select button rewards points for the following;
- a spotted enemy is killed
- a spotted vehicle is destroyed
- an objective you ordered to defend/attack is defended/attacked
- fulfilling a teammate's request for ammo/health

Assault class;
- rewards points for supplying team-mates with ammunition and supplies; double for squad mates

Engineer class;
- points are awarded for attempting to engage and heavily damaging vehicles at the least
- repairing friendly vehicles awards points; more so if the vehicle belongs to your squad, empty vehicles also award points as well if recently vacated (doesn't always work, seems a bit finicky)

Recon class;
- the usual spot assist points are awarded from the use of motion sensors
- C4 explosives can be used to damage objectives, awarding objective damage points (the amount needed to outright destroy them are significantly higher in retail)

Medic class;
- rewards points for supplying team-mates with health; double for squad mates
- defibrillating team mates awards points, double for squad mates - also returns the ticket lost for that victim

The select button is the sole key to turning the tide of battles. It also has massive individual benefits, as points and pins are awarded through intelligent and sustained use of the spotting function. By my anecdotal estimate, 95% of BC2 players don't use it.

Pins are awarded through all of the actions above. For those looking to contribute massively to the fight, or to level up in an effective and efficient manner, it is extremely advisable to follow every single piece of advice possible. This isn't every man for himself, and Bad Company 2 rewards teamwork heavily over solo play. Killing only contributes a tiny fraction of the potential points you amass.

Soldato
You can also use select/back as a cheap tool to spam constantly when sniping / doing anything at long range :D

It will spot people through foliage and any other non solid cover, and at infinite range as well.

Soldato
The select button is the sole key to turning the tide of battles. It also has massive individual benefits, as points and pins are awarded through intelligent and sustained use of the spotting function. By my anecdotal estimate, 95% of BC2 players don't use it.

I'm inclined to agree. I'll always mark any enemies, armour, vehicles etc I see (unless they're at such a close distance to me that it's more effective to just engage), purely to help everyone else and make them aware of what's around them. Seems like very few other people use it though, and even then it's only sparingly.

Soldato
Anyone had any experience preordering with amazon? Ive preordered from Amazon with first class delivery but it says delivery estimate 8th of march, will it be this late or is that what they always say? It will go to Glasgow not prague...

Soldato
OP
Anyone had any experience preordering with amazon? Ive preordered from Amazon with first class delivery but it says delivery estimate 8th of march, will it be this late or is that what they always say? It will go to Glasgow not prague...

mine says the same. Don't know why it says that but knowing amazon I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives late.

Associate
I have already ordered this game, cant wait for it to arrive, the more i look at these videos the more excited i get.

Back
Top Bottom