Icelandic Volcanic Eruption - Significant Disruption to UK Flights

Soldato
According to people on pprune, hekla isn't actually erupted, it's just that the crazy icelandics decided to point the webcam at the ek.... One that was already erupting.

I hope this is the case anyway :p

Edit: dammit phone! Too slow!

Soldato
Nice pic:

o70.jpg

You've got to laugh at the fact someone in Iceland turned the Helka webcam around and didnt bother letting anyone else know.

Even nicer pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/orvaratli/4531911078/sizes/o/in/photostream/ (its flickr and I dont remember the rules regarding Creative Commons and linking/rehosting, so just clicky)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Spend your time learning how to ride a camel, you never know when it will come in useful. ;)

You must have seen the sights by now, what are you doing to stop getting bored?

7 day Nile cruise visiting all temples and valley of the kings and queens. Also went to abu simbel. Went inside khufu khafre and the red pyramid. Then went to hurghada and did bit of snorkelling and sub aqua. Today we travelled from hurghada to Luxor by taxi through the desert. I haven't been on a camel.

Don
OP
I wonder if mum's the word on how many teachers are stranded.

I know plenty tend to hit up a holiday at easter so there has to be a fair few AWOL right about now.
We've got some teachers out with us that were due back to school today. Some were saying they've got test papers that need to be marked sitting at home and if it drags on much longer they were due to invigilate exams in May.

Back
Top Bottom