*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Caporegime
Because by then they will have probably ironed out the issue in a silent release - not sure what you mean by new iPhone but I guarantee that there wont be anything out around then other than the white version of the iPhone 4...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Really? If it looks identical? I find it very difficult to induce the signal problems on my iPhone 4. I imagine it will be very difficult to prove anything.

It will just take one of the hundreds of bloggers/journalists/Internet whingers to compare old and new to see if anything has changed.

Some people could cause signal loss just touching the affected area.

Xee

Xee

Associate
Anyone have strange problems with the back button on safari. When on this forum, if I click into a thread and then click back. I get an older list of threads, as if it had stored that page from history.
I have to refresh the page to get the current list of threads. Even if I was just looking at the current list of threads.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone have strange problems with the back button on safari. When on this forum, if I click into a thread and then click back. I get an older list of threads, as if it had stored that page from history.
I have to refresh the page to get the current list of threads. Even if I was just looking at the current list of threads.

I've been getting that on my iPhone, but not on my iPad.

Caporegime
To me it kinda sounds like a cached page from a proxy - Im not that aware how mobile ISPs are setup though - wouldnt be surprised to reduce bandwidth usage and speed up response...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
My iPhone is turning up Tuesday :D \o/

T-Mobile are sendin me a new sim and apparently a starter pack for transferring everything from one iPhone to another, be cool to see how informative it is :)

Soldato
Starter pack?

It will be just two sentences:

Backup old iPhone in iTunes.

Register new iPhone in iTunes and opt to restore from Backup.

Took me 20 minutes when I got my 4 last week! :p

Associate
Finally received a screen protector and am somewhat happier now. It's amazing how a little rectangle of some material attached to my phone makes me more relaxed handling it.

Just waiting for my Galaskins to arrive.

So true, although I didn't have any screen protector on my 3GS and it never bothered me.

Soldato
It is really, really hard to do anything to the screen on an iPhone in normal every day circumstances. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the rest of it which can scratch if you look at it too hard! :(

Caporegime
A question for you iphone experts...i have a friend whos just bought the new iphone4...actually as an upgrade.

Anyhow he had the 3G before and bougth a few songs from itunes but when he tries and synchs his iphone to itunes..it says it cant find the song then asks him if he wants to re-buy them. So hes had to re-buy 2 of them...he has around 6 songs that he bought.

Surely he shouldnt have to re-buy these songs that he originally had does he??

Associate
Running 4.1, the HDR is pretty good and even though there weren't really any performance issues (minus the bit of stutter you find sometimes) on the iPhone 4, it does seem to be a bit quicker.

Associate
Yep. Running the GoldMaster, it'll probably be the exact same version they'll release next week, like it was with OS4. Goldmasters aren't required to have developer accounts.

Back
Top Bottom