*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Well I just tried the antenna thing and i lost all but 1 bar. I did this during a test call and though I lost the bars I didn't lose connection. I then noticed, after about a minute, that a second bar appeared.

I shall try tomorrow in a poorer reception area and see if I lose connection.

Soldato
Do you have a link to where you got this?

I actually got it off my mate who ordered it from ebay, I got 2 strips for a fiver so I have a spare one here.

I wouldnt bother mate - i put one on pristine when i got my phone - couldnt tell it was on - but over time it just starts to peel off, so much so that im just going to rip it off- it really does look ghastly - i think i will be looking for a powersupport one now as when i had that on my 3gs it really was the dogs danglies...they would definitely get my vote.

After seeing my mates iphone with his invisible shield fitted, I was well impressed at how 'invisible' it actually was so he has now put it on mine. After giving it a day to set properly I have to say I highly recommend it, you cannot even see its there, no bubbles at all and it feels good to use. I think he's just better at fitting them then me, my effort was waste and I ripped it off the same day :o

Soldato
After seeing my mates iphone with his invisible shield fitted, I was well impressed at how 'invisible' it actually was so he has now put it on mine. After giving it a day to set properly I have to say I highly recommend it, you cannot even see its there, no bubbles at all and it feels good to use. I think he's just better at fitting them then me, my effort was waste and I ripped it off the same day :o

I hear you! i had put it on without any bubbles, it WAS perfect - just give it time and it will peel off - it will protect the phone but give it time and slowly the edges come off, followed by bubbles etc - tbh i probably have to reapply it but i cant be bothered - not actually a fan of spraying their solution, a dry application is probably safer too

Soldato
I hear you! i had put it on without any bubbles, it WAS perfect - just give it time and it will peel off - it will protect the phone but give it time and slowly the edges come off, followed by bubbles etc - tbh i probably have to reapply it but i cant be bothered - not actually a fan of spraying their solution, a dry application is probably safer too

I will see how it goes, but more importantly... what happened to Streetfighter 4? :p

Soldato
I will see how it goes, but more importantly... what happened to Streetfighter 4? :p

haha so OT but you guys are just too good for me - ramadhan has slowed my reaction times - but thats just a lame excuse! my ssf4 is gathering dust (as is my TE) - would def give it another go if you can train me up master jedi :p

Soldato
i agree, the invisishield on my 3g was perfect not one problem from when i got it till the time i upgraded to i4, the one i have now peels or lifts off from the speaker next to the front camera when i wipe it clean. edges have started to peel as well. the mustave changed some thing as the front for my 3g stayed stuck

Soldato
i just got my iphone4 today and am having trouble getting it activated, its been on for bout 2 hours now and is still saying it needs to be activated. i pluged into itunes and set up as new iphone etc and have been to o2.co.uk/swapmysim to get my number transferred to the new microsim.

am i not doing something i should to activate it?

when i go into settings>general>about>network it says SIM not provisioned.

Soldato
Well I have to say I am impressed with the phone. The whole thing is polished and the iPod app is easily the best music app I've used (the one on my Android phone is somewhat simple and naff) but then again if Apple hadn't got that right by now they never would. iTunes is another story. OK it does the job but so do traffic wardens and members of the SS.

I'm treating it like a new born baby till I get some screen protectors (coming from the jungle) or my Gelaskins arrive (hopefully tomorrow but not looking hopeful).

Soldato
Well I have to say I am impressed with the phone. The whole thing is polished and the iPod app is easily the best music app I've used (the one on my Android phone is somewhat simple and naff) but then again if Apple hadn't got that right by now they never would. iTunes is another story. OK it does the job but so do traffic wardens and members of the SS.

I'm treating it like a new born baby till I get some screen protectors (coming from the jungle) or my Gelaskins arrive (hopefully tomorrow but not looking hopeful).

My Gelaskin took just under 3 weeks to arrive.

not really digging mine but it looked nice when I designed it.

p1000350e.jpg

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Right T-Mobly are offering me an iPhone 4 for free which I'm going to order tonight (big old upgrade from an iPhone 2g!)

Question, which I'm sure has been answered hundreds of times.

Have the signal issues been resolved?
If not will I be able to claim a free bumper?

Case recommendations please :D

Man of Honour
Really? If it looks identical? I find it very difficult to induce the signal problems on my iPhone 4. I imagine it will be very difficult to prove anything.

Looks have nothing to do with it, in-depth antenna testing will show if anything has changed.

Its not really hard to find out if you know what you are doing.

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Right T-Mobly are offering me an iPhone 4 for free which I'm going to order tonight (big old upgrade from an iPhone 2g!)

Question, which I'm sure has been answered hundreds of times.

Have the signal issues been resolved?
If not will I be able to claim a free bumper?

Case recommendations please :D

The signal issue has not been resolved so if you usually have a medium-low quality signal where you use the phone you should really watch out for that and try and test one first.

You will be able to claim a free bumper provided you get the phone this month, yes.

Soldato
May I ask why you think they are going to stop offering a free bumper with the iPhone4 after 30th September?... Could this be because of the rumours of a new iPhone?

Back
Top Bottom