The Official My Console Died What Should I Do Thread?

Associate
It'll read DVD's but with games it just revs up and down. It then attempts to eject them but it doesnt come out. You have to press the button again to make it eject.

Should my first port of call be gamestation (where i bought it) or Sony who'll end up giving me a refurb?

Caporegime
Has anyone else had a 360 sent for repair, had it go from Frankfurt, to Prague?

I just tracked my repair and it's been received at Frankfurt and is now in transit to Prague.

Associate
Any ideas, my 360 is an older model, surprised its lasted this long, it's 2.5 years old now. No picture is displayed, when it turns on, you can hear the sounds but no picture. I've even bought another HD Cable, still the same. The TV is fine as the PS3/Wii work fine via the HDMI/Component ports.

There are no red lights on the console, it appears to be fine apart from not displaying anything. I assume there is some sort of graphics issue (broken?) which I assume is not covered under warranty?

Thanks

Mine is virtually exactly the same as this though i have the original pro with ,up till now, no problems.

Playing COD and the screen went weirdly fuzzy so turned off and on again where the screen now states no signal. Tried it on upstairs tv and can hear it all but no picture. tried different cables still nothing. no rrod though so just think it has finally given up on me.
I might see if it can connect to my bros tv to totally confirm that it is the xbox as my tv is fine. registered my console to find out warrant expiry .....8th march 2008......so was just wondering if its worth sending away for repair or replace with a newer model? cost etc??

Soldato
So My phat 40GB PS3 hasnt been able to play any discs for a while, my unplayed valkyrie chronicles and god of war collection have been taunting me mercilessly ever since :(

How do i go about fixing this ****** myself, cheers

Soldato
Sigh, my xbox 360 has just failed. The picture started messing up while I was playing Fifa, and now all it says on the tv is no signal input. At first I was terrified that it was my tv that had broken so I tried my older xbox 360 that has a broken dvd drive. On that the component cables worked and the picture was fine. Now I have one launch 360 that has already RROD'd and been fixed but has a dvd drive that won't open and won't read discs, and one 2 year old 360 that has a faulty display port.

I doubt Microsoft will cover the repair of either console and all-in-all I'm sick to death with the rubbish reliability of 360s. Does anyone think there's any chance Microsoft will cover either of the 360s if I kick up enough fuss?

Caporegime
Just register it through the repair website on xbox support. It will tell you if they cover the repair under warranty by entering your console serial number.

Associate
Mine is virtually exactly the same as this though i have the original pro with ,up till now, no problems.

Playing COD and the screen went weirdly fuzzy so turned off and on again where the screen now states no signal. Tried it on upstairs tv and can hear it all but no picture. tried different cables still nothing. no rrod though so just think it has finally given up on me.
I might see if it can connect to my bros tv to totally confirm that it is the xbox as my tv is fine. registered my console to find out warrant expiry .....8th march 2008......so was just wondering if its worth sending away for repair or replace with a newer model? cost etc??

As a followup to the above My wife has now confirmed through her Mobile Contract that we are in situ of an XBOX elite...... yay!!!
My question now is on the assumption this will come with its own Hard Drive can i transfer all my data off of my 20 gig Pro Hard Drive to the 120 gig elite one? And if yes is it easliy done?

This may have been covered elsewhere accepted but if anyone can help great!

Soldato
Thanks Anti..........................now i wonder if Danny has got one of those????

Or transfer saves / profile with a USB memory stick. Redownload anything that's big and you want from your profile history. This way you don't transfer all the crap you were thinking you ought to delete anyway.

I've gone from a launch core to an Elite to an S and have never even seen a transfer cable.

Soldato
I bought a new 250gig 360 last week, when i turn it on it will give me a black screen saying E65. If i reboot it will work, but sometimes games will freeze for 2-3 seconds :mad:

Will she shop replace it or am i gonna have to send it away?

Soldato
I bought a new 250gig 360 last week, when i turn it on it will give me a black screen saying E65. If i reboot it will work, but sometimes games will freeze for 2-3 seconds :mad:

Will she shop replace it or am i gonna have to send it away?

If it's done it more than once take it back to the shop asap.

E65 is a DVD drive error.

Back
Top Bottom