***HTC Magic Thread***

Soldato
The stable release seems a lot quicker for me, will see if it lasts. Can't get the touch keyboard to work though, I can select it but doesn't pop up when I tap the text entry button

Soldato
No such issues here.

Was running RC2, skipped RC3 and went straight to CM6 stable.

Seems to feel quicker, which is good. However, I really feel they've squeezed all they can out of the Magic now. I can't complain though. If I was to rely solely on receiving ROM updates from Vodafone I'd still be stuck on 1.6, so these CM ROM's have really extended this handsets life for me.

Caporegime
This might be a long shot but...

It's ages since I had my Magic, and I do miss it. In fact so far I'm preferring it to the Desire (only because I can't root yet). What I would like to know is: if anyone with their magic still uses the default SMS/Notification sound tone, it was a simple beep with a few tones? If so do you know what its called, and if I can get it on the Desire?

Soldato
No such issues here.

Was running RC2, skipped RC3 and went straight to CM6 stable.

Seems to feel quicker, which is good. However, I really feel they've squeezed all they can out of the Magic now. I can't complain though. If I was to rely solely on receiving ROM updates from Vodafone I'd still be stuck on 1.6, so these CM ROM's have really extended this handsets life for me.

I went back to RC3 from stable yesterday, I was having a bizarre issue with enabling swap, the script I was trying to install kept aborting, even after a full wipe etc. Plus I was having to pull the battery out of the phone twice a day with stable, because it completely locked up.
I gather 6.1 is on the way, so I'll give that a go when it arrives.

My Magic is on borrowed time atm though, Vodafone acknowledged receipt of my cancellation letter and will make a decision before the start of next month.
I give it 2 months on a sim only plan before I grab something new, shiny and android coloured ;)

Associate
I updated to CM6 and now I can't download any apps from the market, they just stall on downloading and then download paused.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Every so often I'll have my Magic in my hand and look at the screen and its showing all 5 home screens together in some kind of zoomed out preview in a 2-1-2 (top to bottom) layout. I've no idea what I'm doing to make the home screens do this. Any thoughts? :p

Caporegime
Every so often I'll have my Magic in my hand and look at the screen and its showing all 5 home screens together in some kind of zoomed out preview in a 2-1-2 (top to bottom) layout. I've no idea what I'm doing to make the home screens do this. Any thoughts? :p

Same here. But I've got 3 home screens, has 1 at top and 2 below. I have no idea how I do it just happens when I unlock it after pulling it out of my pocket.

It's a mystery. :D :D

Soldato
Same here. But I've got 3 home screens, has 1 at top and 2 below. I have no idea how I do it just happens when I unlock it after pulling it out of my pocket.

It's a mystery. :D :D
Hahahaha. :D:D I get two at the top, one in the middle (centred) and another two at the bottom. I think its cool but I've no idea what's going on to make it happen.

Thankfully its not just me or my Magic then. Phew! :p

Posted in the Cyanogen thread on XDA Developers. :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8667175&postcount=4313

Last edited:
Associate
Alright guys.

Just looking for a bit of info and after looking around the Android forums and posting and going round in circles I'm lost as to what I'm actually suppose to be doing.

Recently got my hands on a HTC Magic after my sister upgraded and fancied a play around with Android.

Information on the device:

PVT 32B Ship S-On G
HBoot-1.33.0004 (which I understand isn't a perfect SPL)
CPLD 10
Radio 2.22.19.261

Running FW 1.6

Now I've seen the guide on here on page 102 I think?(http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15656486&postcount=3058)

Do I need to downgrade to FW 1.5? And if so how?
I've also got the latest Andriod SDK, do I need to download version 1.5?

I've got Amon's recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G - I'm guessing I can put this in place of the one suggested in the guide.

I've been able to get the device in to Recovery using the method for Non T-Mobile 32b's. (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Full_Update_Guide_-_HTC_Magic_(32B))

But at the minute, if I reboot then try and hold Power + Home I can't boot to recovery?

Any help would be great :) cheers chaps.

Soldato
Just a heads up, 2.2 for the magic has been released OTA for some of the overseas networks.
I just installed a slightly modded version from xda-devs, it's just so much better than CM6. Everything just works without any mucking about!!

Back
Top Bottom