***HTC Magic Thread***

Soldato
I can't really give an indication of battery life yet, as I've not had it on for 24hrs yet, but so far today it's going fine.

I only put it on my phone to look at, I originally intended to go back to CM6 afterwards, but that simply hasn't happened.
All the quirks and sacrifices I was accepting before to have a speedier phone have gone, everything wors properly, but it's just as fast, if not a bit faster!

Soldato
Anyone else got a problem downloading from the android market?

Nothing downloads anymore, i just get a black warning triangle saying "download has been unsuccessful"

Ive tried downloading on 3G and Wifi and rebooting the phone.... same issue:confused:

I have done no flashing at all either

Soldato
I've sold my Magic now, but have a spare cable to give away to anyone who wants it.
It's a 90cm headphone extension/3.5mm RF adaptor, black, not HTC branded.
It has a clip, a mic in it for hands free, and an action button.
Only cost me a few quid off ebay, so not worth selling.

First person to send an email through my trust gets it free, I'll send from work at earliest opportunity.

Soldato
So what are people running currently on their magic?

Are people quickly switching over to this new 2.2 over the air or is CM 6.1 the best thing to be running?

I am still on CM5 as was not keen on a slow CM 6.0 and wondering where to go from here.

Soldato
I was on CM6 RC3 for a long time, recently upgraded to CM6.1 RC1, not bothered trying the OTA 2.2 yet though,

From what I've read the main improvement in the OTA one comes from the radio which free's up 15Mb of memory (96 to 112Mb usable) which seems a fairly hefty improvment, there're are mods/kernels/nightlies that allow you to run CM6.1 with the new radio and it's apparantly very good, that's my next thing to try when I can be bothered :)

The other option is just to buy a new phone already, keep getting tempted and keep somehow resisting, the Nexus S is gonna be my next temptation I think, Samsung hardware with decent updates what could be better :)

Soldato
Sadly I have bailed out and am converting to Iphone soon. I just wanted a last huraah for the magic and also to hand it on to my brother so he has a reasonably quick and handy phone :)

Associate
Didn't think it would happen either. I spent 2 weeks trying to Root and put Cm6 on my phone then a few days later they release 2.2 OTA. The official ROM seems to be a little less laggy than CM6 which i guess is down to it being tailored for magic limited amount of memory.

Caporegime
My friend updated last night and she said it killed her phone!

She can't send or receive texts, can't access the market place and something else has happened to the phone.

Back
Top Bottom