• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 580 Review

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Hmmmm, on the Toms review it says:

GTX580

TMU's - 64
ROPs - 48

Yet on the OCUK shop page it says:

64 ROPS (GTX 480 had 48 ROPS)
128 TMUs (GTX 480 had 64 TMUs)

:confused:

Soldato
The hardocp review was the one i was looking to as it is real world gaming and shows the gtx580 to be a little better than most other reviews. Canned benchmark reviews show us nothing really so for me this card is a little better than expected. I also like there gaming sweet as all the games are up to date.

Caporegime
It would be tempting to get one to play with, but tbh I'm in business myself & know it's not very nice for the retailer to pay for my 'playtime'

Plus if you do it more than once or twice i'm guessing you get blacklisted :D

Caporegime
No thanks, not paying that price for a refresh of a 480.

Max should be around £370, considering it doesn't offer a massive improvement over the 480 and anyone who overclocks there current 480 will just about match the 580.

There was me thinking that the pricing might actually be good for nvidia cards for once :rolleyes:, really should have known that they would have been £400+ in the first place. Although at least they aren't charging £460+ on the release like they usually do.

Roll on AMD, show them how to price graphics cards correctly.

Last edited:
Associate
well them prices are cheeaper than the 480 launch price so not bad, would buy a pair myself if i hadn't recently bought 2 480s at £379 each, oh well.

wonder if the 480 will reduce in price much now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom