i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
ok need help guys

received this

but the Razer mouses have the buttons on the side?

Not sure on the locations of buttons on the mice, but would this work to solve the problem if you can't map the key properly? Or is the key mapping purely down to those extra buttons on your current mouse not working with the software?

Either way, a very nice gesture from the guys on the signed gear. :)

Your telling me they cannot release a small hotfix/patch to sort out the key mapping:confused:

Not impressed.

I do agree, it's not great. Couple of folks I know who have worked on games previously don't think it's a particularly large task, but of course not being able to look at how the game's code is organised, they can't say for certain what issues it might cause.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gareth tell them you cant use side buttons and size and weight is important as i believe you asked ppl about mouses and not heavier than 2 AA batteries or somit so if thats important tell them. Also tell them your current mouse and about the problem of remapping with its software and other 3rd party remapping software DOESNT bind walk to a top mouse button. Also tell them how many mouse buttons u need on top and where they are placed.

To me it looks like their buying you off with a new mouse when the mouse is not the issue its the remapping feature for WALKING.

Politely tell them no to the mouse and ask for a game fix, say you dont mind if it takes a little while (week and max a month or so if you dont mind coming back to the game when its fixed) if not then i dunno. As mainly the key issue is walking with a mouse with a button on the top of the mouse.

Soldato
OP
Not sure on the locations of buttons on the mice, but would this work to solve the problem if you can't map the key properly? Or is the key mapping purely down to those extra buttons on your current mouse not working with the software?

Either way, a very nice gesture from the guys on the signed gear. :)

I do agree, it's not great. Couple of folks I know who have worked on games previously don't think it's a particularly large task, but of course not being able to look at how the game's code is organised, they can't say for certain what issues it might cause.
yeah the top extra buttons on my current mouse do not working with any remapping program.

Soldato
Gareth I don't think that would be a suitable mouse either. I didn't think that was the problem anyway, i though the mouse you have now would be perfectly fine if only you could map the keys in game properly.?

A nice gesture but like the others have said I dont think it would solve the problem.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
ok need help guys

received this

but the Razer mouses have the buttons on the side?

I'd reply politely thanking them for their response, but that you are unable to use the buttons on the mouse unless they are positioned on the top, so another mouse may not be the best solution.

Send them a link to your current mouse and say which 2 buttons wont work in the game and ask them if they have a solution to this

Also push that although you appreciate the quick solution, is a patch still going to be looked into to allow yourself and others to have the mapping facility in the future

Soldato
Their fix of sending 1 x mouse out helps 1 person. I would have thought the whole point Gareth is doing this is to help others in a similar position to himself, some of which who have posted in this very thread.

It's a nice gesture sure, but doesn't solve anything for anyone else or future games!

Man of Honour
Good luck with getting this sorted.

I hope things like this can get a higher level of awareness within the game development community, things like flexible input mapping isn't overly hard or time consuming to implement, neither would taking into account other common issues like color blindness all of which could make a positive difference for many people.

Commissario
Their fix of sending 1 x mouse out helps 1 person. I would have thought the whole point Gareth is doing this is to help others in a similar position to himself, some of which who have posted in this very thread.

It's a nice gesture sure, but doesn't solve anything for anyone else or future games!

Agreed.

They need to sort this, then bring Gareth over to EA headquarters to test it out.:)

Soldato
I don't think they fully understand the issue.
Gareth, send them an email detailing your exact button requirements (eg, left mouse = move etc) Maybe they can quickly add these button profiles to the code and send you a rebuild (without having to code a full remap screen for a patch)
That's just a short term fix for you but hopefully it'll continue to raise awareness with in the studios.

then bring Gareth over to EA headquarters to test it out.:)

Yes! :D

Soldato
Shame that they are looking at getting a fix for one person and missing what we and the other 23k are wanting. And thats for games to be re mappable. Sending just 1 person a mouse is a great gesture and the signed goodies a lovely personal touch. But I hope they can do better and that surely there coders want to work on the problem for everyone's benefit

Soldato
I'm actually annoyed at this now. He asked an engineer who thought the quickest and easiest way to sort 1 guys issue was to give him a mouse. Not even a discussion about a proper in game fix for everyone. :mad:

No, not good enough. Patch !.

Caporegime
So they're this far down the console porting path that rebinding walk to left/right click is now impossible?

Surpising that ea are unable to do what Activisio nwere able t odo considering their constant bigging up of how great bf3 will be on the pc.

Soldato
Shame that they are looking at getting a fix for one person and missing what we and the other 23k are wanting. And thats for games to be re mappable. Sending just 1 person a mouse is a great gesture and the signed goodies a lovely personal touch. But I hope they can do better and that surely there coders want to work on the problem for everyone's benefit
A good point really.

Even if Gareth is happy with whatever they send him, whatever all the other people out there in the same boat?

Is Dead Space 2 a console port then on the PC? Can't think of another reason it would be so awkward to have proper bindings.

Back
Top Bottom