• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Soldato
Maybe it's intentionally "anti-nerfed" with PhysX code written by Nvidia engineers to make it go really, REALLY fast for the cameras? Just saying... :eek:

Good point. However,the UT3 engine has been out for a while, and even the latest Deus Ex at 1920X1200 and 1920X1080 is running at above 40FPS on a GTX460 1GB or HD6850 1GB:

http://www.techspot.com/review/436-deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-test/page4.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-performance-benchmark,3012-6.html

Even an HD5770 1GB or HD6770 1GB runs the game at around 40FPS.

Both the UT3 games mentioned like the latest Deus Ex are multi-platform titles too and will probably scale well with a range of graphics cards. I imagine if Borderlands 2 needs much faster GPUs than the first game, which is based on the same engine, it might not do so well. For games like BF3 it might be more understandable though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just hope Borderlands 2 is not crippled. It has no real need to be,as it is a cell shaded game. If Deus Ex:Human Revolution can run on a GTX560 or HD6870 fine at 1920X1080 under DX11,and Borderlands 2 runs significantly worse something fishy is going on.

Last edited:
Associate
Rage, Serious Sam and Duke Nuke 'em are about as close to the old school shooters as it gets I'm afraid, these day it's all about arcade-semi realistic-military shooters. Doom 4 is in production though which I'm sure most of older members on here are really looking forward to.

Checked out a review of Rage last night looks awesome but seems to be let down by a weak multiplayer.

Deffo looks more like my sort of game visually / weapon-wise & yeah Doom should make for some great death match action!

Associate
Umm just realised it was Unreal Tournament 2004 I used to play not 2k3 oops...

anyway

Awesome news from the guy getting a sample at the end of the month, the 12th of April still looking promising for an official release then!

Soldato
Really, we've been told early march for our sample? Then again our timescales may be different as we are solely reviewing GPU rendering

We are rendering too, so it would not suprise me if the date changes

Soldato
The fact that EVGA have working samples to demonstrate should indicate that cards are not far from launch. The sooner we get 7950/70 performance for ~£300 the better.

Back
Top Bottom