• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The first "proper" Kepler news Fri 17th Feb?

Associate
Hardware that supports DX11.1 is required for Target Independent Rasterization, according to AnandTech. Much of it is backwards compatible but not all of it. The situation is very similar to what happened with DX10.1. It's a minor revision and it isn't designed to get people to upgrade, despite what some people will have you believe.

As for the stock issues - it was a huge launch and the site was overwhelmed. I ordered an EVGA 680 but several hours later was told it was out of stock. I phoned up, got through remarkably quickly and the order was changed within 30 seconds. Excellent customer service, though ideally the website should keep track of stock levels.

Soldato
Ordered my EVGA 680 15 mins after launch and got an email at 3 telling me there not enough stock. GG OCUK.

I saw another website offer them when they first went public. They only had 15.

Couple of hours later there were 4, not checked since.

There was no pyramid either. So, I am going to go with what was rumoured.

Fudzilla said grab them why you can as stocks would be low, which goes with the wafer shortages Nvidia were talking about.

Either way, it's going to be a bit funny if AMD drop their prices and actually have cards to sell people whilst Nvidia have nothing.

Associate
http://www.evga.com/articles/00669/#GTX680FTW

(Sorry if it's been mentioned before) just found out evga planning several models (not that i didn't expect it)
..a 4 gb model nice...(yeah its overkill but still)

...now just to wait till prices come down...by month of may maybe?
Waiting for the 4gb model myself as I game @2560x1600.
Have a bad feeling the 4gb models will be + £540.
Might just skip 680 altogether and wait till end of year for Daddy Kelper.
Will struggle on with my 1.5gb 580 for the time being.

Mobster
Soldato
What is giving me a boner is not only because it shows how much of a fail the 7970 really is, but the fact that the 680 is not only smashing it to pieces in every way and ****ing all over it when overclocked, its doing it all on extremely early drivers. What a win for nVidia. I'll have a 680 next week, cant wait.

Soldato
What is giving me a boner is not only because it shows how much of a fail the 7970 really is, but the fact that the 680 is not only smashing it to pieces in every way and ****ing all over it when overclocked, its doing it all on extremely early drivers. What a win for nVidia. I'll have a 680 next week, cant wait.

Are you a comedian?

If not I suggest you stop doing what you do for a living and become one.

You're a funny guy.

Soldato

Lmao troll alert. You gotta love these guys as its obvious since birth no one else has.

Caporegime

Some people will have a boner contention with these words. :D

Associate

haha funny guy :D

tbh

tbh

Associate
This whole 28NM generation is a pile of fail. Not for the performance but the stupid pricing.

Hopefully,if the world is still around next year, I am going to get a card then.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

I was expecting a big upgrade with the jump to 28nm but instead we have an incremental performance increase and mid-range parts at high-end prices.

I'll wait for the "real" high end parts to arrive, thanks very much.

Soldato
Just ordered one of these: EK-FC680 GTX Full Cover Waterblock from OCUK. Apparently these run super cool however I wonder how far I can push the clocks on water???

Soldato

At high res and when both overclocked the margins are small, and swing both ways.....

Gotta love the hyperbole.

Back
Top Bottom