• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible GTX 670 release on 10th May

Soldato
My new card's the smallest:

7970m.jpg

:p

Associate
Have to say I'm very interested in seeing this card/reading some reviews but like mojo says I'm very sceptical about the benchmarks, it doesn't really seem to make much sense to me for Nvidia to release a card so close in spec to the 680 for considerably less money.
Slightly off topic but, does anyone know if there will likely be 4gb versions of this card..?

Permabanned
Id never buy a non reference cooled card. Theyre fine if your gonna stick to a single card. In sli/xfire the heat they produce is insane.

Once you've had MSI Twinfrozrs or Gigabyte windforce cards, you'll never go back to reference cooled.

In SLI, the heat they produce is insanely low :)

Soldato
Once you've had MSI Twinfrozrs or Gigabyte windforce cards, you'll never go back to reference cooled.

In SLI, the heat they produce is insanely low :)

its funny you should say that as windforce cards actually over heat the top card if placed right next to each other in SLI, you need at least 1 extra slot clearence, which considering the windforce is a 2 slot cooler instead of 2.5 like a lot of other non-reference cards, lots of people choose them for SLI because they are only 2 slot and then they overheat anyway due to lack of air

Permabanned
its funny you should say that as windforce cards actually over heat the top card if placed right next to each other in SLI

The top card runs slightly hotter in any mutiple GPU rig. The cooler isnt the issue.

A reference card would run even hotter, and noisier.

you need at least 1 extra slot clearence

Agreed, but most modern motherboards have that.

Having a side fan also works wonders for multiple GPU rigs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to say I'm very interested in seeing this card/reading some reviews but like mojo says I'm very sceptical about the benchmarks, it doesn't really seem to make much sense to me for Nvidia to release a card so close in spec to the 680 for considerably less money.
Slightly off topic but, does anyone know if there will likely be 4gb versions of this card..?

gibbo says there will be yes, up to 400 quid a piece

a 4gb version?

Soldato
GB version 4 on RAM.

These have definitely swayed me from wanting to go for a GTX680 SLI set up. All depends on the price and reviews !

Back
Top Bottom