• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3D Mark 11 scores**

Soldato
Can anyone Tell me how to achieve 5.0ghz on my CPU ? On an asrock extreme 4, just doesn't seem to wanna over clock the memory or anything.

And then I could so a run with my GPU at 1400mhz as it seems 3dmark11 stable at that.

Soldato
Can anyone Tell me how to achieve 5.0ghz on my CPU ? On an asrock extreme 4, just doesn't seem to wanna over clock the memory or anything.

And then I could so a run with my GPU at 1400mhz as it seems 3dmark11 stable at that.

See 8 Pack or wazza (think wazza is running sammy green) in the memory sub forum - both have an absolute wealth of knowledge :)

5ghz its proving tricky for me too to reach on the 3820, getting closer though, need better memory first though, reverted to giving the bclk a little nudge on the 1.25x strap, fairly confident I'll be approaching 5ghz with some flexible memory.

Soldato
See 8 Pack or wazza (think wazza is running sammy green) in the memory sub forum - both have an absolute wealth of knowledge :)

5ghz its proving tricky for me too to reach on the 3820, getting closer though, need better memory first though, reverted to giving the bclk a little nudge on the 1.25x strap, fairly confident I'll be approaching 5ghz with some flexible memory.

It doesnt even give me the strap option in the bios...

Soldato
Ok well im done with trying to OC my GPU anymore than 1105/1625 as i think the drivers im using are having a problem with higher overclocks that im currently doing. If i dont get this message from 3DMark11 i get a BSOD or freeze ups with higher than stated clocks.

Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_unshadowed_illumination_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
Line

So with same clocks but my 2700K at 5GHz i get slightly higher scores..

Score
P9401 3DMarks
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/4067257 <-- Pls update me ;)

I'll try again when the official 12.8's come out some time in mid August.. im using the AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.982.0.0 RC1 July 19) Unofficial BETA at the moment.

Still a respectable score tho me thinks :p

----

Oh and my Vantage score is rocking but i know that dont count :D

Just for the record..

Score
P36632 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4228621 :cool:

Associate
I had a mate that was willing to pay top dollar for it if I installed and clocked it to 4.5ghz for him, so the upgrade basically cost me nothing.

Got myself a nice Vertex 4 256gb as well, cloning as we speak :)

I know this is a bit off topic but wow 4k reads are outstanding

Intel 520 128gb left - OCZ Vertex 4 256gb right

vertex4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
P9218

i5 2500k @ 4.5

670 @ 1160MHz (+101MHz) / 1777MHz (+550MHz)

Really disappointed with my 670, with all the hype around how it's such a great clocking card and I happen to end up with the one that doesn't budge. First world problems..

HOW????!!!!!!

PBsF

SRS THO - gief clock speeds?

Got it to 1402mhz 3dmark11 run lol and thats my score :) just wish I knew how to clock this CPU of mine with the Samsung green to a decent speed rather than stock.

Then it would be a decent score :)

Associate
Got it to 1402mhz 3dmark11 run lol and thats my score :) just wish I knew how to clock this CPU of mine with the Samsung green to a decent speed rather than stock.

Then it would be a decent score :)

I hate you and admire you at the same time - that's not 24/7 clock though right? If not, what is?

I can't push mine a MHz over 101 or it crashes. Factoring in the kepler boost my card reaches (at maximum) a measly 1250MHz.. a full 150MHz off yours.

I can honestly say I've never seen a series of GFX cards so dependent on luck.

Can you RMA cards with poor overclocking capabilities?

I'm close to throwing mine at the wall..

Last edited:
Associate
I must ask as a general question to everyone - will only apply to Nvidia cards though.

When stating your GPU clock speeds are you simply including the boost clock or the boost clock + dynamic kepler boost?

It would be great if we could find out what sort of Kepler boost ranges we have - for the record, mines 91MHz.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate you and admire you at the same time - that's not 24/7 clock though right? If not, what is?

I can't push mine a MHz over 101 or it crashes. Factoring in the kepler boost my card reaches (at maximum) a measly 1250MHz.. a full 150MHz off yours.

I can honestly say I've never seen a series of GFX cards so dependent on luck.

Can you RMA cards with poor overclocking capabilities?

I'm close to throwing mine at the wall..

About 1365-1370 is bf3 stable :) but I run it at 1350 to be safe.

Yeah mine is just a bog standard evga version and its doing very well for such a small card.

Back
Top Bottom