• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 7950 WF3 Bios - What did yours come with?

Soldato
Hi,
Do you get control on your Core voltage on F43 or is that just the standard voltage it runs at? In MSI afterburner I cannot control the core voltage in any program. Also, if you send it back what are you looking to replace it with? I'm in little in two minds here, don't really want an brand other than the Gigabyte.

Have you guys tried a program called MsiAfterburner VoltageUnlocker, I have used it in the past and it was very successful, it replaces the normal .exe and unlocks voltage control in AB. Of course if you are hardware locked then..... one way to find out. Looking for a link to a download. I have bios F43. :)

NB This guy came up with it.

MSI Afterburner Max Voltage Unlocker v1.01
by AgentGOD

Last edited:
Associate
Have you guys tried a program called MsiAfterburner VoltageUnlocker, I have used it in the past and it was very successful, it replaces the normal .exe and unlocks voltage control in AB. Of course if you are hardware locked then..... one way to find out. Looking for a link to a download. I have bios F43. :)

NB This guy came up with it.

MSI Afterburner Max Voltage Unlocker v1.01
by AgentGOD

"The honorable Hilbert Hagedoorn has kindly asked for this to be removed. And so it shall be. And to be compliant, I kindly ask everyone that has a copy, or a link to a copy, please delete them permanently."

so....if anybody have it...

Associate
Hi,
Do you get control on your Core voltage on F43 or is that just the standard voltage it runs at? In MSI afterburner I cannot control the core voltage in any program. Also, if you send it back what are you looking to replace it with? I'm in little in two minds here, don't really want an brand other than the Gigabyte.

I can control the gpu core clock and memory clock but not the voltage. When I flash F43 I am able to overclock them both but it has a stock voltage of 1.090.
I've managed 1100/1450 without any issues.

Currently there is no other option for me. The Asus cards are too large and I don't fancy dealing with Sapphires customer support. I am in two minds to wait for the next generation.

Soldato
Tbh guys I had one F42 and one FZ1 and flashed them both to F43 on the day I go them. Now I can only oc them to 1100/1350 at 1.2v and one of the cards gets up to 74c which is a bit too hot for me so might have to lower it.

I know it sucks that they are hardware locked now but its not a fault. If you want a better card you need to buy a 7970. Im a bit bummed I can't push my clocks at a lower voltage as my memory just wont go past 1350 but they are still awesome cards.

Associate
Tbh guys I had one F42 and one FZ1 and flashed them both to F43 on the day I go them. Now I can only oc them to 1100/1350 at 1.2v and one of the cards gets up to 74c which is a bit too hot for me so might have to lower it.

I know it sucks that they are hardware locked now but its not a fault. If you want a better card you need to buy a 7970. Im a bit bummed I can't push my clocks at a lower voltage as my memory just wont go past 1350 but they are still awesome cards.

OC your memory voltage. It is probably at 1500, make it 1600 and you should reach 1500/1600 easily. I can reach 1100 at 1.1v so do some adjusting.
I don't like the fact they have no vrm sensors. I'd like to know the temp. And to release a revision with less functionality, well it annoys the **** out of me.

Soldato
I was half considering a Gigabyte 7950 over a 7970 as they were locked

and I'm getting confused in this thread now - are we now saying the 7950s are locked too ?

if hardware locked I think they should be a different SKU to earlier versions tbh

Associate
I can control the gpu core clock and memory clock but not the voltage. When I flash F43 I am able to overclock them both but it has a stock voltage of 1.090.
I've managed 1100/1450 without any issues.

Currently there is no other option for me. The Asus cards are too large and I don't fancy dealing with Sapphires customer support. I am in two minds to wait for the next generation.

Yeah, I've got the same issue. I also heard there are some Fan speed control issues on the MSI cards so not keen on those either, and the Asus cards are just ridiculously big, the Saphire cards only have a 2 year warrantee. I have logged an issue with Gigabyte where I asked them if these cards are now voltage locked, so they might respond, although I'm not holding my breath. The only other realistic option now is to go up to 7970 or possibly going to the GTX670 route, which I don't really want to do, can't justify the money really.

Associate
The Gigabyte 7950 cards that are revision 2 (with a metal band on the pcb) with fx0 bios ARE hard locked. You cannot control the voltage and you can't see the vrm temps. This is my second 7950, the first was unlocked but had memory issues (artifacts no matter what)
Sending this back tomorrow.

edit: The revision 2 also comes with 8 + 6 pin.

Last edited:
Soldato
It looks like the ASIC scores of them has been getting lower and lower. So I assume cheaper parts are being used or with the 1.25v versions they could be heavily over clocked later models of another card maybe? But my FX1 has a lower score than my F42 card.

Associate
It looks like the ASIC scores of them has been getting lower and lower. So I assume cheaper parts are being used or with the 1.25v versions they could be heavily over clocked later models of another card maybe? But my FX1 has a lower score than my F42 card.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my revision 1 card had an asic score of 68%, revision 2 64%

edit: Revision 1 came with F43

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrived today from ocuk, 6+8 / 1000Mhz / 1250 - need to double check bios installed.

Voltage locked in afterburner but that doesn't worry me much as it's got a pretty decent factory overclock on it and it's very quiet to my ears.

I conducted a benchmark in Heaven using my 6950unlocked, the msi 7950 twin frozer I sent back last week and the new gigabyte 7950. I'll put the details up if anyones interested but the WF 3X does come off a little better than the msi with the extra 40mhz which is good to see and the same load temps.

Associate
Mine arrived today from ocuk, 6+8 / 1000Mhz / 1250 - need to double check bios installed.

Voltage locked in afterburner but that doesn't worry me much as it's got a pretty decent factory overclock on it and it's very quiet to my ears.

I conducted a benchmark in Heaven using my 6950unlocked, the msi 7950 twin frozer I sent back last week and the new gigabyte 7950. I'll put the details up if anyones interested but the WF 3X does come off a little better than the msi with the extra 40mhz which is good to see and the same load temps.

Noise levels?

Associate
My ASIC reads 54.3% (that is low, I believe).

After 30 mins of Far Cry 3 @1100/1500, max temp was 63C. VRMs hit just over 70C.

FZ0 Bios.

Voltage locked at 1.25v, btw.

Back
Top Bottom