• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Associate
sorry i meant blackscreen not crash. it is a weird all right. we need to make sure amd is actually aware of this issue. i have submitted a ticket with sapphire and amd . could be waiting awhile for a response though.

I'd just love to know if it's the card or not. But with this many people, it simply can't be?
I sent a ticket to AMD a week ago and nothing back. Sapphire are utterly useless so far, keep telling me to try the latest driver beta and "format my computer".

Mobster
Soldato
Guys... After countless hours of PITA. I have found the solution for my black screens...

120hz refresh rate. After i changed to 60hz. My problems where 99% gone.

OcUK Staff
Associate
Someone over at OCN seems to have had the black screen problem and found a way to fix it for him might be worth a try if you are still having problems.

Booted into SAFE mode and deleted all ATI drivers folders and registry and then booted and the black screen went away. Re-installed the newest beta driver and the problem went away.

Right now after doing a clean driver uninstall and install the problem is gone. I blame the drivers. I think the black screen problem is related to a driver glitch.

My 290X has hynix memory Ic.
posted by SonDa5 @OCN

Hope this helps people out.

Associate
Guys... After countless hours of PITA. I have found the solution for my black screens...

I run at 120hz, didn't think to try it.

Gibbo: I know this is a pain, but would you consider contacting AMD about this? They have been very quiet, if you see the links i posted there are quite a few people having the issue.

Old 1st gen acer GD245HQ here, in 120 on the Windows 8 driver.

Caporegime
swedish site some info there about the asus dc2 290x with improved pcb etc...

http://www.nordichardware.se/Grafik...h-290x-far-stoersta-kretskortet-hittills.html

Google Translate.

Asus put your fingers in between when developing its new top models of the AMD Radeon R9 290 and R9 brother 290X . According to Nordic Hardware has component giant developed the most advanced circuit board for a graphics card with single GPU. Anything to try and tame GPU Hawaii.

Asus is one of many grafikkkortstillverkare currently working feverishly to get ready their own models of AMD's powerful graphics cards . In our detailed reviews of the Radeon R9 290 and R9 290X we poured praise on the performance of the new GPU Hawaii but took the same time to the saw when it came to graphics cards' coolers.

AMD has not managed to match its powerful GPU with an equally capable cooler and this not only gives problems with high noise levels under load , but in many cases pure performance losses. Despite an impressive ratio between performance and price , we recommended all your gardening needs consumers to wait for the customized graphics cards from partner manufacturers. While we still have no clear information on when these show up in the trade , it seems undeniable that they might be worth waiting for .

Asus will initially launch DirectCU II models of Radeon R9 290 series. An emphasis on the same grille design already used for the Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II and the Geforce GTX 780 DirectCU II. The updated DirectCU II cooler comes with dual fans that measure each 100 millimeters in diameter and are based around a hefty heat sink with five thick heating pipes in direct contact with the GPU . A cooler that received good reviews when it was used on these cards , which Asus says will therefore suffice for R9 290 series

The great news is otherwise graphics cards PCB. According to reports, Asus has found several things in AMD's reference design can be improved. Something that should be able to promote both cards overclocking potential and stability. Although Asus repeatedly built really ground-breaking circuit boards for example, other DirectCU II models and Asus Radeon HD 7970 Matrix to the PCB for R9 290 series to be something extraordinary.

jkb

jkb

Associate

Are you using display port or DL-DVI? I couldn't even boot at 120Hz through display port. DL-DVI or display port set to 60Hz was OK

Soldato
Ive been searching and searching and i cant find a straight answer:

how does the new crossfire tech work over pci?

- is it only on x16 mobos or will it work on x8?

- what are those pins normally doing? will it affect the function of anything else?

- are those pins electrically connected on all mobos? the pci ports may be electrically isolated and may not be able to talk across them?

Back
Top Bottom