• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches Three Kaveri APU SKUs in February 2014 – Feature Set For A10 and A8 APUs Detailed

Associate
Been playing around with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI.
1 glaring issue atm.

The IGP is currently hardlocked at 720mhz in the bios on my 7850k.
You can set any value and it accepts it and software reads it as what you set it as, but there is no speed increase in any benchmark or game.
Tested with 2 A10-7850k's, it's definitely a bios issue.

I hope Gigabyte get a bios fix out for this asap, it's a cracking little board otherwise.
Going to test with Easytune6 and see if that makes any difference, will keep you posted.

/Edit

Graphics tab greyed out in Easytune6, confirming the IGP is hardlocked with the current Kaveri bios's available.

Please try F4a bios, it should fix it:
http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4745#bios

Associate
I got that off your engineers after posting a ticket.
It does indeed fix the locked iGPU issue.

Please ask them to remove the 2400mhz ceiling lock on the ram for the next one ;)

I've got some 2800mhz ram sat here dying to be used in this little board :)

Oh Brilliant, have you tried overclocking the iGPu yet?

Caporegime
Must be a different version of 13.35, as the ones I have got are 13.35 beta17 which are dated from the 10th and I looked at the AMD ftp the other day and could not see anything newer.

Soldato
OP
Caporegime
I think it must be the price too.

Tried 1050Mhz but get a blank screen after the loading screen of 3Dmark, there's no voltage adjustment available for the IGP (only Vcore and northbridge are available) either on this board.

Associate
I think it must be the price too.

Tried 1050Mhz but get a blank screen after the loading screen of 3Dmark, there's no voltage adjustment available for the IGP (only Vcore and northbridge are available) either on this board.

Upping the Northbridge voltage increases the iGPU voltage on Gigabyte FM2+ boards.
You can also use AMD Overdrive to tweak these chips (the stand alone program, not the one in CCC)

Last edited:
Soldato
3000+ for an APU is impressive. Weird the APU's aren't selling as well as AMD had hoped, maybe priced a lil high still, I do think the next few iterations might finally bring an APU that really doesn't need a DGPU for 1080P gaming, maybe that's when they will see mass market adoption.

Most of the AMD CPUs sold now are APUs - they are displacing the FX line.

Back
Top Bottom