Project "Paint it Black"

Associate
Looks great Kaap :)

I do agree with you on the 900D about the PSU though - I love the case myself but that is the one gripe I have with it (well, plus the fact there are no rubber grommets for the 2 holes above the motherboard), you can clearly see the cabling from the PSU due to no partition for it; but it's still a great case in my opinion.

Man of Honour
OP
Looks great Kaap :)

I do agree with you on the 900D about the PSU though - I love the case myself but that is the one gripe I have with it (well, plus the fact there are no rubber grommets for the 2 holes above the motherboard), you can clearly see the cabling from the PSU due to no partition for it; but it's still a great case in my opinion.

I was looking at that on mine earlier wondering why it looked odd, there really should be rubber grommets.

Associate
Corsair really need to look at the design of the 900D, with no partition for the PSU the wiring looks really bad.

Agreed, generally it's a good case, but there's a few things that really annoy me about the case

Have you looked at ColdZero's site? I ordered a long mid-plate from him at the beginning of the month..

It makes such a difference to the look of the case (although I'm tempted to get a powdered coated metal one made up)

Man of Honour
OP
Agreed, generally it's a good case, but there's a few things that really annoy me about the case

Have you looked at ColdZero's site? I ordered a long mid-plate from him at the beginning of the month..

It makes such a difference to the look of the case (although I'm tempted to get a powdered coated metal one made up)

I have ordered a short mid plate from ColdZero. What are they made out of, is it metal or plastic.

Associate
Thanks.

How long did it take to come through the post, was it quite quick.

I ordered on the 7th January & was delivered on the 10th

This is my 900d with the long mid plate test fitted (e.g. not screwed in)

44f9c370-f09d-49a0-a0cf-f2744d2d8f3f.jpg

Have to say your build has got me wondering if I need another titan to fill the hole :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You're using an external rad on this build right?

If so, i see that your top fans are intake? I would recommend a natural air flow (in from bottom, out at top) should help the ambient temperature inside the case.

Unless of course you keep the side panel off.

Looks great regardless :)

Associate
Looks awesome, that mid plate really tidies up the build quite nicely

I need to track down some extra grommets to fill in those holes by the 4 + 8 pin ATX connectors

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom