Project "Paint it Black"

Associate
There is an issue with those bridges, it hides the BIOS switch.

Hey Kaapstad, you are using your Quad R9 290x on which monitor? Is it using Display Port output?

Man of Honour
OP
There is an issue with those bridges, it hides the BIOS switch.

Hey Kaapstad, you are using your Quad R9 290x on which monitor? Is it using Display Port output?

I noticed that with the bridge, it would be a bit awkward if someone wanted to change the setting.

I use DVI DL on a 1600p monitor

You did set Uber mode?

My cards have never been run on quiet mode, as soon as I took them out their boxes I switched them to uber mode before installing.:D

Man of Honour
OP
Little update

I was on the phone to the shop yesterday morning about the waterblock missing screws and was told that they did not carry spares. They did say I could try contacting EK myself which I did and opened a ticket.

I recently purchased 4 of your waterblocks for my 290Xs

Model EK Water Blocks EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel

When I was installing them I found on the last waterblock that 2 of the 3 screws holding the top piece (the part that has the fittings for the inlet/outlet) on were missing.

I have attached a pic to show which screws I mean.

https://imageshack.com/i/5mcbshj

I did mange to find a spare screw from somewhere else but I am not sure it is the right one and I am still one screw short.

Please help.

Thanks

I then got this reply

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting EK Support.

We are very sorry that the waterblock sent was missing screws.

We understand your disappointment and appreciate your patience for the inconvenience this must have caused you.
There is no question that the product we shipped did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand.

I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation for delivering the best product on the market is a key priority for us.
In our effort to improve the overall quality of our products, could you please find in a box a small paper with QC number on it and send me the number.

Would you be so kind to tell us where were blocks bought (copy of receipt) and please send me picture on [email protected].

Again, I apologize for our mistake and regret any inconvenience caused as a result.

We have already brought in additional staff to expedite the production.

If there is anything else that we can do to minimize your inconvenience in regard to this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards Peter Šajn

To which I replied yesterday

Hi Peter

Here is a copy of the original order which I bought from Overclockers UK

Order Number: OCXXXXXXX

Order Date: 24 Oct, 13, 7:47 am

Order was shipped to:
Mr XXXXX XXXXX, XX XXXXXXX Road, Thornhill Estate, Hampshire, XXXXXXX, United Kingdom

Order Status: Dispatched

Hide Orders Products
Please note descriptions are current and may have changed since you ordered, please refer to your invoice for an accurate description.

Product Name

Price

Qty

Line Total

Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case (CC-9011022-WW) £249.99 1 £249.99
Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply (CP-9020008-UK) £216.66 1 £216.66
EK Water Blocks EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel £74.99 4 £299.96
EK Water Blocks EK-FC Terminal QUAD Semi-Parallel £20.79 1 £20.79
EK Water Blocks EK-FC R9-290X Backplate - Black £18.29 4 £73.16
Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Compound (20g) £16.66 1 £16.66
FREE SHIPPING (DPD Next Day): £0.00
VAT: £175.44
Order Total: £1052.66

The Quality check No.: is 31

My problem is what am I going to do about the missing screws, is there anything you can do to help please.

Thanks

More than 24 hours later I am still waiting for a reply and the comical part is I only want a couple of the correct Allen bolts from them. Poor customer service I think.:mad:

Soldato
Little update

I was on the phone to the shop yesterday morning about the waterblock missing screws and was told that they did not carry spares. They did say I could try contacting EK myself which I did and opened a ticket.

More than 24 hours later I am still waiting for a reply and the comical part is I only want a couple of the correct Allen bolts from them. Poor customer service I think.:mad:

Any news yet?

Man of Honour
OP
Still got a screw loose? :)

No,:D

They turned up yesterday.

Finally got some water onto the cards.

yxxx.jpg

ffn5.jpg

go2x.jpg

qegg.jpg

Corsair really need to look at the design of the 900D, with no partition for the PSU the wiring looks really bad.

Back
Top Bottom