Fuji X Series

Soldato
Phase detection autofocus, it's inbuilt on the sensor for the centre 9 points and offers improved AF speed in good light (it will drop back to CDAF (contrast detection autofocus) in low light).

Soldato
I still haven't used the 35/23 together too much to really see a great deal of difference. The 35mm is definitely slower, but it'll still be on the camera more as I prefer the focal length. It looks so nice on the camera as well, sad I know but it is a new toy after all :D

Missed out on a 56mm this morning, annoyed!

Associate
Ah, so it does it automatically, I thought it was some setting you needed to enable and may have been looking for it ;)

I still need to pick up a 35mm, but I'm debating waiting for the potential mk2, first though I really want an X100 to replace my x10.

Associate
Rumours are the the v2 will be optically the same, but with faster/quieter AF. Just rumours though.

I'm getting to grips with the 35mm now.

Broken record I know, but I'm really excited about the 16mm f1.4....

Associate
OP
What bag are you all using? I'd sort of overlooked that. I like the look of the Think Tank Retrospective 7, but I'm still looking...

I use small Lowepro Nova shoulder bag. Can fit my Fuji X-pro1 with 2 lens, 4 memory cards, 2 batteries and space for another extra compact camera.

It is roughly half the size of Think Thank Retro 7, and costs me about £40 5 years ago.

Associate
Good spots Rojin. Prophotonut is Damian Lovegrove. Been following his work for some time, way before he switched into the Fuji system but has he published some cool videos on the Fuji UK Youtube channel shootingg an XT-1 and 56 1.2 which looks like a fabulous lens indeed.

Soldato
Took this with my X100. Think it was JPEG.

14478291358_6e180f25a1_c.jpg

*seems that Flickr has a habit of making everything 'crunchy'. Might stop using it.

Caporegime
Took this with my X100. Think it was JPEG.

14478291358_6e180f25a1_c.jpg

*seems that Flickr has a habit of making everything 'crunchy'. Might stop using it.

very nice. Interesting clouds that look like smoke.

Do you have a version where the grassy cliff top extends all around the bottom? I think the composition would be better without the break, creating a continuous curve. These kinds of things I find hard to spot in the field but when i get round to processing and try to be critical I tend to pick up on these compositional points.

Soldato
The only thing that I was ever tempted by in a full frame sensor was the high ISO performance. I always thought that picture quality, while slightly better, is only really appreciable when zoomed in or cropped heavily. When I received my X-Pro 1 I was absolutely astounded by the high ISO performance(and still am). Where I was afraid to use an ISO higher than 1600 on my 7D, I am more than happy to use 6400 on my XP1.

It's so good that those feelings that I used to get longing for a full frame are all gone, and it's great :) (Still want an XT-1 though! ;))

Soldato
Now that I've Sugru'd the d-pad I'm happier with the handling of the X-T1 now. I find the EVF blackout a real pain though when panning. I'm going to a hill climb event at the weekend so I'll see how I get on with it there.

The big pain is the super-tele being pushed back to the end of 2015. I'd got into Fuji now on the basis of that being available early next year.

Also, something I didn't expect is RAF files being really slow to process in Lightroom. I might as well buy a D800! :D

Last edited:
Associate
After wrecking my X-E1 after dropping it in a pond, I was looking out for some good X-E2 deals pending an insurance claim and noticed there are a couple of cashback deals starting tomorrow with the two standout ones being:

X-E2 + XF Lens = £200 cashback
2x XF Lenses = £200 cashback

X Series Promotions

Back
Top Bottom