• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Thanks Matt. Mobo is the Asus Crosshair Formula Z and resolution is 4k. I am hoping to get good results with GTA V and The Witcher 3 when they finally come out.

Soldato
One thing I really do hope is improved is the recording feature of AMD's Raptr, I press it and it starts 2-3 seconds later, Nvidia Shadowplay is instant, You press the assigned button and BOOM you're recording, With Raptr you press the button and then have to wait for it to kick in and there's no guarantee it will record through cutscenes like Shadowplay does XD

Caporegime
One thing I really do hope is improved is the recording feature of AMD's Raptr, I press it and it starts 2-3 seconds later, Nvidia Shadowplay is instant, You press the assigned button and BOOM you're recording, With Raptr you press the button and then have to wait for it to kick in and there's no guarantee it will record through cutscenes like Shadowplay does XD

Thats odd, it starts instantly for me :confused:

Soldato
Matt one of the devs of BF mentioned that AMD managed to fix the memory leak and to expect the fix to be included in forthcoming beta - do you know if he was talking Vram(Mantle?)/or system RAM. I thought that DICE had fixed the memory leak - are there more than 1? Who's telling porkies here?

Caporegime
OP
Matt one of the devs of BF mentioned that AMD managed to fix the memory leak and to expect the fix to be included in forthcoming beta - do you know if he was talking Vram(Mantle?)/or system RAM. I thought that DICE had fixed the memory leak - are there more than 1? Who's telling porkies here?

Hi Dave,

Can you link me to that comment please so i can investigate.

There were three different memory leaks to the best of my knowledge. One we fixed a long time ago, one Dice fixed very recently (it was the well known system memory leak) and there is also the video memory over subscription issue. I know the Dice team are continuing to work on on bringing the high video memory subscription down with the Mantle Frostbite implementation.

Back
Top Bottom