• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Review Thread**

Associate
Wow these 980Tis are flying off....but i will resist and wait and see what AMD brings...I must resist ..I must resist ....I must resist LOL LOL

Associate
Its here boys.. time for some torture tests

1zh1ix1.jpg

Fullsize pic:
2i6hoc9.jpg

Than was quick very quick...

Soldato
Well i can say right now the reference cooler doesnt seem to do a very good job at cooling this bad boy.

EDIT: And its pretty noisy to.. this is after 5 minutes of witcher 3 with everything maxed at 3440x1440 including hairworks.. was out in the wilderness where i got roughly 45 fps.
1693yhc.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
*big post*

Ouch :( Fortunately I won't be pushing mine too hard as until I get it in a loop next month I won't have much time to play games

I've been confirmed to be in the first dispatch list for the EVGA reference as and when stock arrives, looking forward to the weekend! :cool:

Caporegime
Well i can say right now the reference cooler doesnt seem to do a very good job at cooling this bad boy.

EDIT: And its pretty noisy to.. this is after 5 minutes of witcher 3 with everything maxed at 3440x1440 including hairworks.. was out in the wilderness where i got roughly 45 fps.
1693yhc.jpg

A while back nvidia were flapping their gums about the "acoustical experience", seems that's went by the wayside as of late. As i said last night it looks like they've run out of cooling headroom on that heatsink design.

Associate

1693yhc.jpg

From the clock speed I take it that's the EVGA Superclocked?

Caporegime
A few reviews have stated that the card is hot and loud but then a few state it runs pretty cool and quiet...

No doubt the people who took great joy in poking fun at the reference 290(x) owners because their cards ran hot and loud (iirc saying things along the lines of "hotter than the sun, who would want a GPU, which runs that hot and loud especially in summer" etc.) will change their tune now.... :D In fact, I'm tempted to go searching for some of those posts :p

Under 2GB VRAM used at that res is impressive for an open world game.

A lot of the textures are extremely poor looking so I think that helps unlike SOM where every texture looks good/HD.

Caporegime
No doubt the people who took great joy in poking fun at the reference 290(x) owners because their cards ran hot and loud (iirc saying things along the lines of "hotter than the sun, who would want a GPU, which runs that hot and loud especially in summer" etc.) will change their tune now.... :D In fact, I'm tempted to go searching for some of those posts :p

Was the same thing when titan x launched and many noticed it was louder, yet oddly enough it was barely ever mentioned in the titan x thread. Funny how that works ;)

Back
Top Bottom