• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Soldato
I also run afterburner all the time - changed polling rate to 5000 this morning. Will do some testing later on.

I'm currently on the 353.12 drivers by the way (which have been crashing like all the other 353.xx)

Soldato
Been using 353.00 since yesterday as per your suggestion Neil (previously on 350.12) and been perfect again, 352 and 353.06 were crash central on desktop, didn't try hot fix driver as others reported same issue.

Will wait it out now for the next driver

Are these issues occuring because you guys are oc'in your cards and or running apps like aferburner etc?

I had just got my 980 and was overclocking it for the first time when I had these issues, was when t started happening at stock clocks I knew something was amiss. Googled and found loads of reports + same on here.

Caporegime
Are these issues occuring because you guys are oc'in your cards and or running apps like aferburner etc?

Well we were doing all of that just fine on previous drivers but yes it's looking like a link between Afterburner/Precision X is one cause of the crashes.

After disabling chrome hardware acceleration and setting polling rate to 5000ms in Precision (fan speed changes is 5000ms anyway) I haven't had a single crash on the latest 353.12 hotfix drivers.

Soldato
You have to remember one thing. It's not Nvidia's job, to make sure their drivers work with overclocking software, and it's impossible for them to test stability and compatibility between all the different configurations and combinations of software people could be using to oc their gpus.

Caporegime
Wasn't overclocking software causing it for me though, I removed Precision X and chrome would still crash unless hardware acceleration was disabled.

Lots of others getting crashes without any OC software installed so it is nVidia's job to make sure this is fixed.

Soldato
You have to remember one thing. It's not Nvidia's job, to make sure their drivers work with overclocking software, and it's impossible for them to test stability and compatibility between all the different configurations and combinations of software people could be using to oc their gpus.

Given that the two most popular overclocking utilities are branded and distributed by two of their largest ABP's, you would think Nvidia would ensure they had good compatibility.

Having software that essentially gimps normal operations on SOME cards, can't be good for either MSI. EVGA or Nvidia.

Soldato
Well it won't be long before they figure it out considering they are aware of it. That's if it is even the route of most people's problems. I have no issues on 356.06 with TDR events and PX polling rate at default.

Caporegime
350.12 is the most recent stable driver for me (not tried the iCafe ones), not a single crash and that's when I was using my card with a custom bios and a much higher clock as well.

I don't know why you would go all the way back to 344.11 unless you don't play any of the new titles.

Associate
This issue happens a lot with pirated games. There are litecoin miners in those files. Will cause that "stopped responding" issue 100%

Back
Top Bottom